Ch 12

As Madam Zhao and Zhao Yuan’s birthdays were close to each other, the Zhao family would always celebrate them together.

It was the same this year too.

Even the students of the Evergreen Class began to give Zhao Yuan gifts a week before her birthday.

“I voted for you. You’re probably going to win the School Beauty Contest again this year. I wish you a happy early birthday.”

Zhao Yuan was surrounded by her adoring fans. She smiled politely. “Thank you.”

E Xiaoxia who was watching by the side also sheepishly gave her her gift. Zhao Yuan looked at her but did not take it.

The two of them were still in an awkward phase due to the allergy incident.

Someone was voting for Zhao Yuan. When they scrolled down, they saw Zhao Mingxi who was at the bottom of the list.

Someone exclaimed, “How did someone with a mask get shortlisted? Who’s the moderator in charge of checking the submissions? Did they take this year’s School Beauty Contest as a joke?”

Zhao Yuan’s expression changed slightly. She took out her phone to look at it as well.

Surprisingly, Zhao Mingxi was at the 20th place.

Someone standing beside them said, “It’s Zhao Mingxi? I’ve never seen her, but I’ve heard of her. She’s the girl who kept on pursuing Shen Liyao. I heard that her looks are only average. Maybe people are just voting for her out of curiosity.”

E Xiaoxia watched as Zhao Yuan turned and kept on looking at her phone with furrowed brows. She couldn’t understand what was going on in Zhao Yuan’s head.

Nonetheless, she still approached her and tried to curry favor with a whisper, “Yuanyuan, don’t worry. Those people must have voted for Zhao Mingxi because they were curious about how she looked underneath the mask. She only has around 500 votes now. You have well-surpassed her with your 3,000 votes. She won’t be able to catch up.”

“Furthermore, only embarrassment would await her if she did manage to get into the first few spots. Think about it, when the voting period is complete, those who don’t know her will think that she’s pretty— Then when she takes off her mask, whoa, the disappointment.”

E Xiaoxia initially thought that after saying these she would be able to salvage her relationship with Zhao Yuan. But unexpectedly, the moment Zhao Yuan heard her words, she kept quiet and the expression on her face turned darker. She didn’t look as if she was relieved at all.

Before E Xiaoxia could speak any further, Zhao Yuan’s other friend, Pu Shuang’s phone vibrated.

“Oh, it’s from Zhao Yuning.” Pu Shuang said in surprise.