Chapter 36

Following the address, Mingxi ended up at a high-end residential area. It looked a lot like a commercial district on the outside, but when she walked into the building, she realized that it was a service apartment.

She went to the security guard to explain the situation. The security guard took the walkie-talkie and most likely spoke to Fu Yangxi before he took her to the penthouse.

Mingxi stood outside the door, carrying a bag of anti-fever medicine, and rang the doorbell.

After a while.

Someone opened the door.

Fu Yangxi's red hair was damp, his frizzy hair scattered around his forehead. He was wrapped in a quilt as he opened the door.

There was no light on the entrance. Due to the thunderstorm, there was barely any light here. His lips were pale and dry, and his face was abnormally flushed.

In short, he looked exactly like someone who did not receive any care while being sick.

Mingxi looked up at him and was startled. “Xi ge, why is your hair wet? Did you wash your hair while having a fever?! Do you want to die?”

Fu Yangxi rubbed his forehead and instead asked nonchalantly, “Why are you here?”

Mingxi didn't notice his strangeness. She directly looked into her house. “Ke Chengwen said you’re sick. Is there anyone at home—”

After taking a look inside, Mingxi was certain that there was no one in Fu Yangxi's house.

The interior of the penthouse was far too deserted. The curtains were drawn, the living room was empty and there was no furniture at all, not even a background behind the TV. There was only a sofa and white walls. It was as if he only bought a floor within this 200 square meter building.

The marble top on the open kitchen counter looked new, and the warranty label on the refrigerator had not even been torn off yet.

Thank goodness I came. Otherwise, this— What would Fu Yangxi eat tonight? Is he still going to eat takeaways although he is sick?

Before she could see everything else clearly, she was pushed out by Fu Yangxi with a finger against her forehead.

The fingers on the forehead are hot.

Fu Yangxi would not let her in.

“Aren't you going to prepare for the Hundred School Tournament and meet the person you want to see? I can’t believe you still have time to come and visit a deskmate like me.” Fu Yangxi said coldly with a hoarse voice.

"Huh?" Mingxi was stunned. “I finished my review during the day, and I’m only free after school. I heard that you’re sick, so I just—”

Fu Yangxi interrupted her with a sad tone, “Why does it matter to you whether I’m sick or not? Do you care?”

Mingxi: ???

What?

The fever must have gotten to his head!

I haven't seen him for just a day, yet the way he spoke has become strange.

Mingxi was afraid that his brain had truly overheated, so she anxiously hung the medicine bag on his wrist and pushed him in. “Hurry up and blow your hair dry! Then go and lie down on the bed!”

She accidentally pushed him a bit hard, causing Fu Yangxi to stagger, and the heat emanating from his body suddenly overwhelmed her.

Mingxi hurriedly supported him.