Chapter 37

After Madam Zhao and Zhao Yuning came back from the hotel that day, they also caught a cold because they were exposed to the rain.

As a young boy, Zhao Yuning had a pretty good physique. He was alright after drinking a bowl of ginger soup cooked by the nanny. However, Madam Zhao was seriously ill.

It may seem like the illness was caused by external factors, but it was actually an illness stemming from the mind.

The Zhao family knew why, but they couldn’t do anything. Zhao Mingxi was almost 18 years old so they couldn't forcefully bring her back.

Besides, even if they did bring her back, there was no way they could go back to how they were before. Zhao Mingxi would only hate them even more.

The Zhao family finally realized this in all sobriety.

Nonetheless, no matter what, the Zhao family did not give up. A biological relationship is the most unbreakable thing in the world. Zhao Mingxi can be angry and resent them for a year or two, but it is impossible for her to not want them for a lifetime.

In addition, now that they know to repent and compensate, won’t their relationship slowly ease up over time?

The question now was how to alleviate it.

Just as Madam Zhao and Zhao Yuning had seen outside the hotel, now whenever Zhao Mingxi saw any one of them from the Zhao family, she wouldn’t even spare a glance at them, let alone greet them.

Going head-on to look for her would have no effect at all. She would definitely turn around and leave just like before.

They may not even be able to say a word before their efforts would be regarded as futile and annoying.

There must be some other way to soften her resolve slowly.

The Zhao family members were each thinking of a way.

Mr. Zhao still hadn’t fully accepted the gravity of the situation. Although he heard Zhao Zhanhuai's account of what happened during this period, he still felt that Mingxi might have only been trying to throw a tantrum and that this matter could be changed.

Mingxi was disappointed because the family was always standing on Zhao Yuan’s side. It may have started out as small matters, but these disappointments accumulated in layers which led to her final decision to leave the house.

So where was the source?

It was their partiality.

Mr. Zhao had a private conversation with everyone in the family, emphasizing that in the future, Zhao Yuan and Zhao Mingxi must be treated equally. Regardless of whether Mingxi was present or not, they must be fair and just.

Occurrences like Madam Zhao giving Mingxi's skirt to Zhao Yuan at the last birthday party will never happen again.

In particular, he reprimanded Zhao Mo. "Watch your mouth. I don’t mind you using foul language on a daily basis, but you must be more aware of what you say during critical moments."

He also said to Madam Zhao, "You have the greatest impact on Mingxi. You must act fairly in the future. Also, Mingxi is our biological daughter. It’s okay to take her side a little more, especially at times like this."

Zhao Zhanhuai also had a conversation with Zhao Mo and Madam Zhao respectively.

He mainly lectured Zhao Mo, "To be honest, if you waited for me that day instead of impulsively finding Mingxi, maybe you wouldn't have entered the police station and things would not have developed this way. You are the main reason why this happened."