Chapter 28 (Part 1)

Zhao Zhanhuai was still looking for a parking spot. Zhao Mo was impatient, so he got out of the car first.
“Don’t get out of the car first! I’m warning you, if you see Zhao Mingxi, don’t—” When he saw Zhao Mo rushing off to look for her, Zhao Zhanhuai frowned. He hurriedly parked the car at a tight parking spot.
Zhao Mo was the first to find Zhao Mingxi at the library.
Although he wasn’t some famous superstar, he still had a bit of fame. He wore a baseball cap, lowered the tip to cover his face and pretended to be mysterious as he walked speedily towards her. He smiled as he gave a heavy pat on Mingxi’s right shoulder.
Mingxi thought it was either He Yang or Fu Yangxi. She turned to her right.
But Zhao Mo’s voice appeared on her left, “Little Bean Sprout, are you pretending to study again? Let me see what questions you are answering.”
Before he finished speaking, he reached out and grabbed the Tournament questions on Mingxi’s table. He scoffed and habitually mocked her, “Oh, you’re doing Tournament questions. I advise you to give up. No matter how hard you study, your IQ is still stuck there.”
She never could have imagined that it would be Zhao Mo.

The veins in Mingxi’s head immediately started to throb.
But it made sense. No matter how busy Zhao Mo was, he had to return home for Madam Zhao’s birthday.
Mingxi instantly stood up and pushed Zhao Mo. Then, she snatched her book back from Zhao Mo’s hands before quickly keeping her pencil box and items back in her bag. The library was not a suitable place to fight, so Mingxi simply swung her bag on her shoulder and left without a word.
Mingxi used so much energy that Zhao Mo almost lost his balance.
He held onto the table and looked at Zhao Mingxi’s figure with an odd look— What’s going on?
Back then when he would play jokes like this on her, she wouldn’t have such a huge reaction. In fact, she would even cut up fruits for him while calling her er ge* like a little scaredy cat.

*er ge: second eldest brother

Why is it that after half a year of not seeing each other, my little sister’s attitude took a turn for the worst?
Zhao Mo hurriedly chased after her.
Outside the library.
Mingxi sped down the stairs.
In her past life, when she had just entered the gates of the Zhao family home, Zhao Mo hated her. With every sentence he spoke, he would carry a hint of mockery.
After two years, she did a lot of things to suck up to her family. Only then did Zhao Mo show signs of treating her as his younger sister— However, his sharp tongue was a habit of his, so his words were still unpleasant to hear.

Before she passed away at the age of 23, everyone from her family including Zhao Mo finally showed signs of fully letting down their walls around her. But that was already five years later. This time, Mingxi will never waste another five years on them— it was simply a huge waste of time!
“Little Bean Sprout, you’re getting arrogant. You’re no longer trying to imitate Zhao Yuan but instead turning to go down the rebellious road?” Zhao Mo caught up to her and habitually reached out his hand, trying to pinch Mingxi’s face.
However, Mingxi slapped him on the back of his hand.
“Go away.”
“What did you say?” Zhao Mo thought that his ears were malfunctioning.
Zhao Mingxi was asking him to go away?

His hand went stiff. He looked at Zhao Mingxi with a shocked expression, then he repeated dumbfoundedly, “You’re asking me to go away?”
“Yes, I’m asking you to go away.” Mingxi did not attempt to hide the contempt in her expression.
When she was at the tender age of 15, she did not know that people like Zhao Mo simply needed some form of discipline. She thought that those in the entertainment industry would all carry a bit of an artistic personality with them.
Later she realized that this ‘artistic personality’ was absolute bullsh*t. He just pissed people off.
“...” At this moment, Zhao Mo’s feelings were akin to having been abruptly struck by lightning a couple of times. It absolutely surprised him to the point that he forgot how to respond.
After he returned to his senses, he was absolutely enraged.
He caught up to Zhao Mingxi at the lane covered with trees and said in anger, “I just f*cking got back from an overseas trip. Forget about the fact that you didn’t even greet me, yet now you want me to go away? Zhao Mingxi, aren’t you acting a little too f*cking rebellious?”
This guy thought that she was being rebellious, huh.
Zhao Mo lowered his voice and said as he held on to Mingxi’s wrist, “Forget it. Let’s go to the hotel. Today is the banquet. I’m not in the mood to discipline bratty children like you who don’t know what’s good for you.”
Before his fingers could make contact with Mingxi’s wrist, Mingxi raised her arm and slapped his hand away.
There was a clear sound of a slap in the air.
Zhao Mo didn’t know if it was his misconception, but he felt as if the way Zhao Mingxi was looking at her was as if he was a fly that used to approach her. It also had a hint of regret— what was she regretting about?
Did she regret trying to gain the favour of this second eldest brother of hers?
Or did she regret coming to this home?
Zhao Mo immediately lost it when he saw how she gave him the cold shoulder. “Zhao Mingxi, you— what kind of look is that? Why are you looking at me like this?”
“Take it as how you want to interpret it,” Mingxi said. “Go back? In your dreams! If you still won’t leave me alone, I’ll call the guards on you. If you don’t want to appear on the cover page of tomorrow’s newspaper, leave now!
Zhao Mo said, “You’re gonna call—”
Mingxi cut him off, “Oh, I forgot. You’re just a minor D-List celebrity. Your fans are all zombies with practically none alive. It might be that no one cares about such a small thing.”
Zhao Mo: “...”