Chapter 19.

Enzo's POV

Her lips were silk against mine and her body was soft in my arms. I had to ignore my instincts to throw her on the bed and completely dominate her. She had to be in control of this kiss. She didn't have a choice before, but she always would with me. Her delicate hand reached up and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. My hands roamed down to her hips and I took advantage of the fact that her shirt had ridden up slightly, my thumbs finding her back dimples. Her arms wrapped around my neck and her hands tangled themselves in my hair.

I could feel my resolve fading away to the back of my mind as she let out a breathy moan. She was still sitting on my lap, so I repositioned her so that she straddled my waist. One of her hands moved down to grip my shirt at my chest, and I pulled her even closer to me, leaving no room between us, just the way I wanted it.

We explored each other slowly and deliberately. She traced the muscles on my back with her fingertips as my hands found her backside. I dipped my head down to her neck and bit down gently, causing her to throw her head back and sigh with pleasure. I kissed and sucked at her neck and collar bone, until she began to subconsciously move her hips against me. I felt myself growing hard beneath her and I knew we had to stop before I lost control of myself.

I pulled back, and she whined slightly. Her hazel eyes were dilated, and her swollen bottom lip was caught between her teeth. She was panting slightly, and her cheeks were flushed. She looked irresistible like this and it took everything I had not to take her here and now.

"Baby, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that with you." I whispered.

"I think I do know. Sorry I made you wait so long." She smiled slightly. This girl constantly kept me on my toes and never ceased to prove that she was stronger than anyone knew. She was so beautiful to me in this moment.

"The torture was well worst the wait." I pressed another kiss to her lips and her body responded immediately.

I held myself back and walked on eggshells around her to keep her feeling safe. The last thing I needed to do was scare her off. She's been my quiet and timid girl but fuck if she didn't surprise me by turning into this sexy goddess across my lap. She had the power to have any man crawling after her, and for whatever reason, she wanted me.

"We should stop before I lose control baby girl." I used my thumb to free her lip from her teeth. She nodded and bit down on her lip again making me smile.

She scrambled off my lap and onto her side of the bed. I turned off the lamp on my bedside table and joined her. She laid her head on my chest and snuggled in close, a yawn escaping her rose petal lips.

"What made you decide to stop the torture tonight?" I asked, running my fingers through her combed through curls.

"I talked to Rosie a lot today, and she told me some stuff about how she met Fiero." She began.

I remembered well the day Fiero came to the office practically singing of the woman he had fallen madly in love with. I had thought he was an idiot at the time, albeit a happy idiot, but now I understood.

I knew of how Rosalinda had come to live with Fiero, and it didn't surprise me that Nora had found some similarities between Rosalinda's past life and her own.

"She said that she used to be scared, but she knew Fiero would be good to her," she paused before sliding her palm up my shirt and resting it on my bare chest. "and I know that you're good to me, and I've known my feelings for you for a while now, so I had to be brave like Rosie."

"And what feelings would those be?" I questioned.

"I have very strong feelings for you Enzo." Her voice was just above a whisper. "I'm not sure what they are. I've never felt this way about someone before."

"We don't have to have a name for them sweetheart." Not yet anyways. "For now, let's take things slow."

Nora's POV

I'd like to think I knew Enzo pretty well. I knew he was warm and kind, even if he insisted he was only that way with me. I knew he would never hurt me, but I couldn't help but be nervous to kiss him. I was afraid he would reject me or be disgusted or mock me for being a silly girl. Of course, he hadn't done any of those things. He had been perfect and made me feel wanted.

On top of being nervous about how he would react, I was nervous about how I would react. My first kiss had been forced upon me and my innocence had been stolen. I was terrified kissing Enzo would bring all of those dark memories back, but when his skin was against mine, every cell in my body came alive. I was even shocked that I had wanted to take the kiss further, but he had been right to stop. Moving forward too quickly probably wasn't the best thing for me or us.

Falling asleep in his arms now, I knew I'd never regret taking the leap, because I knew he'd always be there to catch me.