Epilogue.

Nora's POV

I opened the back door, and the crisp morning air was refreshing on my skin. I closed my eyes and listened to the birds flit across the sky and the breeze move through trees. These were the moments I never took for granted. Quiet moments where I could pause and breathe.

I looked down when I felt something cold touch my hand and smiled at my Tank. He wagged his tail went I bent down to his level. He was still getting the hang of balancing on three legs.

"How's our little tripod doing?" Enzo asked and I greeted him with a kiss.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" I smiled, taking in every detail of his face.

I had every confidence that he would come for me after Raffaelo kidnapped me, but I would be a liar if I said I wasn't terrified out of my mind I'd never see him again. Though our enemies were taken care of now, I was still thankful for every moment I had with this man.

He was currently scratching Tank between the ears and reminding him of what a hero he was. I would always feel guilty that Tank had gotten shot because of me. Dr. Roe said his physical therapy was going great though.

We've been spending most afternoons at the veterinary office. It started with Tank's follow up appointments, but even after we got the all clear from Doc, he said I could come back and help if I wanted to because he seemed to think I had a way with the animals. He was the only doctor I trusted. I was brought on as a part time receptionist. He couldn't make my job title vet tech officially, since I never finished high school after uncle pulled me out, but he let me work very closely with the animals and their care.

Enzo had been so busy with the Russian clean up, I think he was glad I had somewhere to go while he was at work. The only reason I wasn't there now was because it was Saturday, and Rosie would kill me if I missed her and Fiero's wedding day.

"Nora!" Speak of the devil. Rosie marched down the stairs with authority and snatched my hand, forcing me up the stairs. "We only have three hours until we have to be at the hotel! We have no time to waste with the boys!" she scolded. She had a definite case of wedding jitters. I didn't mind her bossiness, because I could only be happy that she was out of the hospital and back with us.

"Go easy on her Rosalinda." Enzo called, chuckling quietly. I gave him the "save me" eyes but he just put his hands up in surrender. He knew if he went up against Rosie, he'd lose.

"Go get dressed and make sure Fiero is in the ballroom on time." She ordered Enzo. I could only laugh because even he wasn't immune to Rosie's wedding grumpiness.

Enzo's POV

"You can't even tie a bow tie correctly?" Fiero mocked, coming over to fix my tie.

"Shut up. I have other skills that are actually useful in life." I retorted and he just laughed. Some people had to search their whole lives to find a friend as a loyal as Fiero. I was fortunate enough to have found him early on. I didn't take it lightly that he asked me to be his best man.

"How was Rosie today?" he asked slightly nervously. He was swirling his whiskey in his glass nonchalantly, but I could tell he was nervous.

"She's been barking orders around my house all morning. She's doing just fine." I promised, taking a sip of my own whiskey.

"We'd better get down there. She'll murder both of us if we're late." He said downing the rest of his drink. I did the same and we made our way out of the hotel room.

The ballroom was decorated well, which was to be expected since Fiero paid top dollar to have it done. Everyone was in their seats and the priest was at the front with Fiero and I. Looking around the room I saw my men and their families. These were my brothers who followed me into battle to get my girl back with no question. I could only pay them back by being the best leader I could for them.

Raffaelo's betrayal had only strengthened our bonds. It made us even more thankful for our men that we could trust. They may also have bonded over Raffaelo's torture. I opted out of participating in it, I just wanted to spend time with my girl, but I heard he paid for his sins ten times over.

In the front row, there were four empty seats, only occupied with the framed faces of the men we lost when we took down the Russians. Their families were my responsibility now. Their men weren't there but they would be well taken care of. Before I could dwell on my lost men anymore, the organ began playing and the doors at the back of the room opened loudly.

First my Nora came down the aisle. Her emerald, green gown clung to her body in a way that made my mouth water, and her auburn hair was pinned up with soft tendrils framing her face. She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eyes on. Her gaze met my mine and she smiled so luminously; my heart stopped in my chest. When she reached the front of the room, she stood on the other side of the priest and turned her attention to the back door.

The congregation stood as Canon in D Pachelbel began playing. Rosalinda was a vision. Her dark hair was a cascade of dark waves down her back and her skin practically glowed. She reached the end of the aisle, gave Nora her bouquet and took Fiero's hands.

The ceremony went smoothly, but I didn't hear a word the father said. All my attention was focused on my girl. I could only imagine when it was our turn to stand in front of our family and declare our love for one another.

Some people didn't believe in marriage and thought it was just a piece of paper for the government, but I was old school. I wanted rings on our fingers that told the world that she was mine and I was hers.

As soon as the dance floor opened up at the reception, I pulled Nora out of her seat and twirled her into my arms. She was smiling and laughing as we danced through the crowd. I thought back to when she and I danced for the first time on the balcony at my restaurant. She said she couldn't dance, and I could barely get her to have a conversation with me. She's come so far since we'd found her. She truly was the strongest person I knew.

The weeks following her kidnapping had been difficult. She wasn't sleeping. All of her nightmares were about me being taken away from her. I just kept reminding her I would claw my way out of the depths of hell to get back to her if I had to. The message sunk in eventually because she just recently began sleeping through the night again.

She knew all her tormentors were gone. She was finally able to live without constantly looking over her shoulder and the life she exuded was something else.

As the last song ended, the DJ's voice came over the speakers. "I need all the unmarried ladies to come to the dance floor. It's time for the bouquet toss."

"That's you baby." I teased planting a kiss on her cheek.

"I don't want to go up there. Let someone else catch the bouquet. I'm spoken for." She pressed herself into my body and I wrapped my arms around her.

"You are spoken for, but you're not married so get your butt over there." With one last kiss, I shoved her into the fray of women.

Nora expertly maneuvered her way through the crowd and stood at the back of the bunch. All these females desperately wanted to catch the bouquet since tradition said whoever caught it would be the next one to get married.

I looked over at Rosalinda where she stood in front of the women, and she was scanning the crowd. I saw her eyes lock on to something and she glanced at me and gave me a discrete wink when the crowd started counting down the toss.

"THREE, TWO, ONE!"

Rosalinda turned her back and threw the flowers behind her. All of the women jumped in the air reaching for their prize, but it soared over all of their heads and landed directly in Nora's hands. The sounds of cheers and moans of disappointment rang out around the room.

I whipped my head back towards Rosalinda and she just gave me another wink. Someone behind me clapped me on the back but I ignored them. I met my girl halfway, picked her up and twirled her around.

"I guess that means we're next." I commented, cupping her face and pulling her in for a kiss.

"I guess it does." She smiled against my lips.