2 | see you again

it had been merely two days since atsushi last encountered [y/n], but even in those two days of not seeing her, atsushi's behavior had completely changed. ever since he came across her in the rain, the unknown attraction inside of him grew to the point where he felt the want, the need, to see her again. atsushi's mind strayed from his work at the detective agency daydreaming, he lost focus often during cases; it confused his colleagues to no end at his sudden change in behavior.

because all that nakajima atsushi could think about was the girl in the rain.

when she had first told him about how she liked rain, atsushi swore he could feel what she was feeling. he felt a sense of loneliness in her kindred soul. a constant need of comfort and recognition, but always left alone. he didn't even know what she was like, nor did he know her hobbies, favorite food, color, anything else except for the fact that she enjoyed the rain. but somehow he felt a connection in between them in their fleeting first meeting. and now he wanted to know more about her, both the simple and the deep things.

"what has been on your mind, atsushi-kun? you've been so quiet lately~is it a girl?" dazai's teasing voice broke atsushi out of his thoughts, head snapping towards his brown-haired, suicidal mentor who peered over at him with a knowing smirk at the man-tiger's surprised reaction.

"e-eh?? n-no...that's not it...!" atsushi lied as he flailed his arms rapidly with a wild blush on his face, though dazai already knew he hit the mark. and atsushi's flustered state only confirmed his suspicions.

dazai poked atsushi's face, an eyebrow raised in a suggestive manner. "reaaallly? come on, atsushi-kun, you can tell meee~"

atsushi sighed wearily at dazai's usual antics, and peeled off dazai's bandaged hand from his face, eyes averting with cheeks gently flushed. "a-alright...i..have been thinking about a..certain girl..."

"ooooh!! is it someone i know? have you known each other long? what's she like? spill the tea!" dazai spewed question wave after wave, interrogating the poor silver-haired male intensely. to add to the embarrassing situation, dazai's outburst had earned their colleagues' attention, making atsushi want to crawl under a rock and die.

atsushi eventually had to calm dazai down before continuing, as well as quickly brush off their conversation to the others.

"actually, we just met a couple days ago, and..oh, i don't know," atsushi murmured with a fond smile as he recalled her sweet smile. "i just can't help but feel this sort of attraction to her; it's like..like..."

"love at first sight?" dazai finished with a questioning tilt of his head.

atsushi faltered for a moment as he processed dazai's words. 'love at first sight.' the first time he heard of it, he didn't really think much about it, only considering it as some cheesy expression about how two people could love each other so deeply in a short amount of time. besides, not once in his life did atsushi contemplate the thought of having a significant other, thinking no one would love someone like him. but now...maybe he did have a chance at falling in love. and maybe, just maybe, his life could become a little brighter from there.

the silver-haired male eventually nodded timidly. "yeah...sort of.."

dazai paused as he hummed in thought, hand holding his chin. "well, it sounds like you really like her; do you have any way of contacting her? her number? address? anything?"

the man-tiger blinked as dazai pointed the question at him, before sulking as he realized he had nothing beneficial except her name.

"no..." he answered with slight doubt.

"do you at least know her name?"

"yeah?..."

"how about where you guys met?"

atsushi then lit up. "oh yeah! it was around that bus stop and convenience store a couple blocks away!" he exclaimed brightly before darkening again. "but wait...what does it have to do with contacting [y/n]?"

a mischievous smirk suddenly spread on dazai's face at atsushi's last words, confusing the latter for a brief moment.

"first-name basis already? wow, atsushi-kun, so bold~" dazai teased.

on cue, atsushi's face erupted in red. "w-w-wait! It was unintentional! i didn't m-mean..."

"alright, alright, but to answer your question, maybe you can try to meet her again there?" dazai suggested. atsushi mentally facepalmed at his own obliviousness. "r-right..."

but when? it's not like she'd be there every day...he thought hard before he remembered how [y/n] said she liked rain, then back to dazai's proposal and back for a moment. then that means... 

"kenji-kun, when will it be raining again?"

------

author's note:  just realized how dumb it was that they didn't ask for each other's numbers like normal people would and just went on their own way despite wanting to see each other again. i'm an idiot for not realizing it -.-