3 | love at first sight

like kenji had predicted, it rained five days later. thankfully it was lighter than the previous onslaught of rain a nearly a week ago...right, it had been a week since atsushi last saw [y/n]. although it pained him to have to wait a little longer to meet her again, he eventually mustered up his patience, telling himself that he would have a better chance at seeing her again if he waited for this day.

so here he was, standing at the entrance of the building their agency was in, armed with his clear umbrella, prepared to set off on his personal mission. maybe it sounded silly, but to atsushi, this meant everything to him. and with a deep breath, he stepped out into the rain, a cheerful prance in his step as he strolled down the road.

atsushi couldn't help but smile as his stomach filled with the fluttery feeling of butterflies, a feeling he now recognized and welcomed with open arms that derived from his crush on [y/n]. he recalled her dark but curious eyes that stared at him with the innocence of a small girl who had yet to know the truths of the world, as well as the different emotions that were dug deep into her orbs.

never had atsushi wanted to learn so much more about one certain girl. there was just...something under that peaceful facade she held. and whether or not it was real or fake, he wanted to know. he wanted to comfort her like rain did for her. he wanted to be with her. he wanted--

atsushi then blushed as he realized what he was thinking. and it shocked him to think; he actually had a crush. to think that he would have romantic feelings for someone felt so foreign to him. he could only imagine how his younger self would react if he saw himself like this. living a better life. making new friends. being a better person. having a crush on a girl.

he was so deep in thought, he didn't realize he was already at his destination. recognizing the familiar shape of the bus stop shelter from the corner of his eye, he finally lifted his gaze from the ground to search for any signs of [y/n]. then, across the street, atsushi saw her. despite it being a cloudy day due to the rain, atsushi felt that his whole world had brightened, his sights focused on [y/n] like a spotlight. 

the butterflies in his stomach quickened into a flurry as he felt his cheeks begin to rise in temperature, his heart nearly beating out of his chest. his blush only deepened when he noticed that she was holding the umbrella he had bought for her on that day. heartbeat quickening, he clenched his shirt over his heart as he continued to stare at the girl he had grown to like. 

as [y/n] felt the penetrating stares of a certain individual, her eyes shifted across the street before meeting purple-yellow ones. it was a beautiful combination, she had to admit. she could stare at them for days on end without getting bored, if she could. the colors somehow...melted into each other like a gentle ombre, emitting a sort of tender feeling that made her feel safe.

those eyes belonged to nakajima atsushi, the sweet and shy boy she had met a while ago. and to be honest, his kind and thoughtful nature grew on her and she found herself thinking about him from time to time. [y/n] couldn't resist the attraction for the silver-haired boy who had his bangs chopped awkwardly. but he was undeniably cute.

so naturally, when they secured eye contact, the both of them quickly broke it off with a furious blush painting their faces. after all, they were both two young adults hopelessly falling in love with each other despite the short amount of time they had known each other. it was a retelling of the saying 'love at first sight,' something both of them didn't expect to happen to them. but here they were, experiencing the wonder first-hand. 

a cliche love story that took place in the rain.