Chapter Twelve:

Trey seemed to realize what was happening and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry, Emily… I should've been more gentle. I don't know why any of this is happening, but it's the truth. I'm really sorry."

I melted into his arms and couldn't help letting out a few shattered sobs. 

And that's when the door opened and an astonished teacher stood gaping at us. 

Oops-

"What in the bloody world is going on here?!" The man roared. 

Oh we're so dead.
Trey gulped and I hiccuped.
The teacher marched us straight to the Healing Center and made us sit on opposite sides of the room under guard of another Teacher while he went to find Master Leto.

I was still crying softly into my folded knees when they arrived. 
Elwin was with them and was soon at my side, flashing lights. 

Master Leto dismissed the two teachers.
"Are you okay, Emily?"
Elwin asked softly.

"I'm fine." I muttered through my tears. 

"Can you tell us what you two were doing in that utility closet?"
Master Leto asked, suddenly in front of me. 
"We were just talking!" Trey yelled from across the room.
"He's telling the truth. We were just talking. I promise." 

Master Leto looked me hard in the eyes then nodded. 
"Why in a closet though?"
Elwin probed.
I opened my mouth, trying to figure out what I should say, when Trey called, 
"Its my fault."
Elwin and Leto turned to look at him.

"She'd been ignoring me all day and I wanted to talk to her alone, so I pulled her in there. We were only in there for like five minutes."

"I believe you." Elwin turned to Master Leto. "Trey and Emily have been friends for many years. They can be trusted." 

Master Leto nodded.
"I'm sure they can. What were you talking about?"
I nor Trey answered.

"It doesn't matter." I finally said, standing. "I'm leaving. Don't expect me tomorrow- or ever again."
Elwins mouth hung agape at this and Master Leto looked pale.
The door creaked open then and a voice rang in.

"Elwin dear, did you happen to-"
The woman stopped when she got the door fully open and saw us.
She immediately began to cough and turned away from us.
"Mother? Are you okay?" Trey said, immediately running to check if she was okay.

"I'm fine!" She said, keeping her back to the room.
Her dark hair was braided into dozens of tiny braids that when I looked closely, I could tell little jewels were braided into. 
Jewels.
I gasped.
"Livvy?"

Livvy cringed and turned slowly to face us. 
"Er… yeah." She said looking guilty.
"Livvy is your mom?" I accused Trey.
"Umm….yes..? You knew that, right?"
Trey asked, equally confused. 

"Hold on-" Livvy tried to interject.
I ignored her.
"She's one of them." 
I said darkly. 
Trey's eyes got big.
"One of who?" Elwin asked.

No one replied.
"One of WHO?!" he yelled. 
Livvy tried to look innocent. 
"Livvy! What is going on? What are they talking about?"
Elwin probed.
"I don't know, dear." She said, a little pale. 

"Yes you do!" Trey yelled. "You knew all along!" 
"Knew what?" Elwin growled. 
I started to laugh darkly then.
"This is all a great, big, hoax."
I growled before storming towards the door.

Livvy's eyes looked sad as I passed her, and it almost made me stop, but only almost. 
I went out the door and a moment later Trey followed, still glaring at his mother. 

"They're gonna come after us, you know." Trey said after a silent minute of walking.
"I know." I said, sighing.
"I just need a few minutes to breathe."

They walked some more, not talking. "If it's all a lie… then who is my real family? Where are they? Why would Sophie's and her posse do this to me? What did I ever do to them?"
The questions spilled from my lips like molasses. Thick and choking.

Trey stopped and I slowly stopped also, not looking at him.
Trey gently turned me towards him and I tried to choke back the tears that were once again filling my eyes and threatening to brim over.

His eyes were big with pity and he pulled me into a tight embrace without saying anything.
We stayed that way for a long time.
Me sobbing and him holding me and gently rubbing circles on my back.

I was sure to be getting snot and tears all over his uniform, but I didn't care. My world was crumbling, and his strong arms seemed to be the only thing holding it from completely falling apart.

After my eyes finally dried up and I felt like I couldn't ever cry anymore, I looked shyly up at him.
He smiled the most beautiful smile back down at me.
"It will all be alright." He said quietly. "Trust me."
I swallowed and nodded my head slightly. Words didn't seem possible yet.

We stared silently into each other's eyes. After a few moments, I noticed Trey glance at my lips.
My heart started to beat so hard, I feared he'd here it.
He leaned closer and I closed my eyes. His lips looked soft and they had almost brushed mine before we heard someone burst into gales of laughter.

We both jerked back to see a blonde boy and a few other students standing a few feet away.
The other students soon joined him, and I blushed till I thought I'd melt. Trey just glared at them and pulled me away down another few halls.

"I'm sorry. Those guys are dimwits." He said, rolling his eyes.
I blushed. "It's fine."
He glanced around to make sure we are truly alone and then said,
"Now where were we?"
He pulled me close again and my heart kerthumped hard in my chest.
He leaned in, ever so slowly.
Closer. Closer. Closer.

The kiss was short and sweet and was over before I knew it.
Then I was giggling.
The sound bursted softly from my lips and I was unable to help it.
Trey soon joined me and we stood holding each other and laughing quietly.

When we stopped, Trey gave me one more squeeze and then let go, still holding my hands though.
"Would-" he stopped.
"What?" I asked.
"Would you mind if I call you my...my girlfriend?" He asked tentatively.
My eyes widened and then I blushed.
"I- I don't mind…" I said quietly, smiling.