The Ouija Board

This story happened to me and some of my friends on my birthday party.

All names, including mine, have been changed for personal reasons.

Story told by Me

When I tell you I used a Oujia board, I want to give you my opinion on it.

Even though some may believe that it connects with the devil, I think differently.

I believe that it just connects with low threat level ghosts who are just there to mess with you.

I am religious but, nothing I did, was against any beliefs.

It was going to be my 16th birthday and I wanted to have a party.

My mom and I decided that a bonfire would be a good idea because it was 2020 and covid was still high in our area.

I invited 3 of my friends, and one of them brought a poorly made ouija board that we made at a sleepover.

Last time we played, I decided that I was gonna mess with them and move the peice around.

This time, I decided to let someone else have the fun.

It was getting late and so we decided to start.

My friend Alex didn't want to play so she hung out with my sister.

The people playing where my 2 friends, Ellie and Jacky.

Jacky had brought cards before hand and alot of other spiritual stuff like crystals.

Ellie brought the board.

We all started and put 2 fingers on the little shot glass.

It took a while but the piece eventually started moving.

It moved slowly and I didn't feel any great force.

We asked questions like, "who are you?" And, " Where are you from?"

It was a while back but all I remember is that they said that they where a little boy and they were scared.

We assured him that we where just here to have a conversation and don't mean any harm.

All this time while we where talking I looked around to see if anyone could be moving it.

I trust Jacky and Ellie so, it was a bit weird for it to move.

I thought that it might be payback from last time.

We were getting tired and Ellie and Jacky removed ther hands from the board without saying goodbye.

My hand was the only one on.

I dont know how or why this happened but it still scares me to this day.

As soon as there fingers left the glass, my hand was jolted towards the word no.

If you know any rules of the ouija board is that you must say goodbye before leaving and you cant be alone on the board.

It was mostly a blur but it was either my hand moving, or my fingers keeping up with the shot glass.

But, it moved.

And it was fast.

We were silent.

Ellie looked at me ready to punch me in the arm for freaking her out but my face was white.

I started to have a panic attack and quickly moved my hand to goodbye and moved away from the board.

That's when they believe that I wasn't messing around.

"Why did you leave you hand." I mumbled under my breath.

"What? Tori we-"

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE!" I was basically yelling at them through my tears.

"Tori, we forget."

I was shaking.

Jacky got out their crystals and told me to go inside.

When they came back, they looked horrified.

For the longest time I never knew what happened to them.

I texted Jacky today and here's what they said.

Jacky was trying to seem funny about the situation and and started cussing out the ghost.

My driveway is a hill so they decide to go sit at the bottom of it.

As soon as Jacky sat, she got lightheaded.

"I bet you won't touch me!" They shouted.

"Dude, something about my heart rate just doesn't feel right." Said Ellie.

"Tori, when I tell you that my heart started racing. I thought that I was gonna die." Jacky texts me.

They couldn't take it and when back inside.

That's when I saw them.

Alex had no idea why we where so shaken up.

We told her and she said that's why she doesn't mess with that stuff.

Believe me or not.

This happened to me and I am still trying to put logic to it.

It was such a blur to all of us but we saw what happened.

To this day, I dont believe it.

But, this is a true story.