Watching Over Me

This story comes from one of my friends who we will call Alice.

All names have been changed for personal reasons.

Story told by Alice.

I've always been able to see ghost from the corner of my eye.

Even though it's not dangerous it has always scared me.

This was the scariest one.

This happened a few years ago.

My grandmother was in the hospital and almost every day of the week, we would visit her.

I got sick of going to the hospital.

I never was fond of them and seeing my grandmother there made it worse.

I wanted to go home and my other grandmother offered for me to go with her.

Without saying goodbye, I left.

It was getting late and I went to bed.

In the middle of the night I woke up and had a feeling someone was behind me.

When I checked no one was there.

It was hard to fall back asleep.

I got so paranoid from it.

The next morning, I was told that my grandmother died sometime that night.

In my heart I knew that the figure next to me that night was her saying goodbye for the last time.

The day before the funeral I found a picture of my great aunt who was my grandmothers sister.

I started at it when I felt someone stare at me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I swear that it was her.

I dont know if she was mad at me for not telling her sister goodbye or what.

It scared me so much that I ran away from the photo.

I know that this was just my grandmother looking over me but, I have never felt more terror than I did in that moment.