Home Sweet Home

This story was told to me from an old teacher of mine. It has been a while since I heard the story so some details might be missing.

All names will be changed due to personal reasons

Told by Me

In elementary, we had this teacher named Mrs. L.

After class on every Friday, Mrs. L would tell us a ghost story that she has experienced.

Out of all the ones she told, this one always stuck in my head.

Years ago, her and her family where trying to move into a rural area.

They where on a long hunt for a house until they came upon this house.

It was a style from the 60s and looked like it had been kept in shape.

After a walk around they felt like this was the one.

When they talked to the previous owners, they told her something that she should keep in mind.

"Try to keep the house nice. They won't bother you if its nice."

Mrs. L assumed that they were talking about neighbors so didn't worry too much about it.

As they were moving boxes into the house, Mrs. L saw someone in the corner of her eye.

She dropped the boxes and walked towards the with her hand out to introduce herself.

The second she looked up, no one was there.

Weeks later they finaly had settled in.

Mrs. L heard the water running upstairs and called out to her daughter asking her what she was doing.

Her daughter came from the other room and said that she doesn't have to shout because shes right next to her.

The only people home were her daughter and herself.

Mrs. L asked her daughter to stay put and went upstairs to the sound.

She opened the bathroom door and the water to the tub was running.

She quickly turned it off an a cold draft went right through her.

They had a few times with the water but her family kept on saying how something doesn't feel right.

They felt like they where being watched all the time and the cold was annoying.

Along with that was hearing footsteps and laughter.

Mrs. L told us that she has seen people walking around the house. Most a little girl and a older man.

She said that they didn't do much when she got the small glances except walk around a bit.

They didn't seem hostile and didn't look frightening.

The only thing that scared them is the unexpected appearance and dissaperment.

They ended up moving out and sold there house to a couple and their 2 boys.

The boys where constantly messing with eachother and being rude to her.

Mrs L ignored it and moved out.

She didn't hear about the house until a year later.

It was said that the family saw ghost and they weren't friendly.

Staring at them while they slept and ran at them when ever someone noticed they were there.

They felt like they were in danger and tore down the house but still see the ghost.

The ghost probably thought that they weren't good guests.