Chapter 16 - Willing Prisoner

"Why did you do that?" I asked my mouth agape as I watched the fire engulf my home. It raged through the place literally taking over everything it came in contact with. I felt dampness on my cheeks as I watched the fire take my home.

"Get in the car" Ambrose spoke matter of factly as he walked towards his truck. Once he noticed I wasn't about to move any time soon he walked in my direction standing in front of me, staring into my eyes before looking over his shoulder at the fire. "It was necessary"

"Why?" I whispered, the tears freely falling from my eyes.

"I have enemies Angelina, you know who I am and if word got out about this..." He trailed off looking down to look at my stomach before returning his gaze to me. "This situation, you'd be dead. I'm doing you a favour."

"You could have just walked away, never see me again, act like I don't exist, that I never existed. No one would have known and you wouldn't of had to do this."

"It's not that simple. Now get in the car."

"How isn't it Dean? No one knows we slept together this could be Ian's baby for all anyone knows." I tell him feeling the angry build up once more. I felt my hands ball into fists at my sides; I was ready to hit him but stopped myself when I noticed a smirk growing on his face. "What?"

"You called me Dean?"

"So it's your name isn't it?" I tell him with a huff but this only made him laugh and shake his head a little.

"It is. First time you've used it also." He smirked down at me with a wink before making his way towards the driver's side of the truck. "Now I suggest you get in the car before the police arrive and question why you set your home on fire."

"I didn't."

"They don't know that. Now get in Angel, we have a long drive ahead of us."

Ambrose wasn't kidding; we were on the road for 30 minutes before I felt my eyes become unbelievably heavy. Before I knew it I was falling asleep but I knew when I woke up I'd be in a completely unfamiliar place, surrounded my psychopaths. I know I shouldn't feel safe, I shouldn't of even got in this car with him but I felt like I had no choice and I didn't fully understand why. I felt hands under my legs and slowly began to open my eyes.

"Sssh go back to sleep Angel." Ambrose's voice cooed in my ears, I felt myself relax and my eyes beginning to flutter shut but not before catching a glimpse at the view in front of me. It looked like a gorgeous mansion like home, cream walls and plenty of windows. Somewhere I would have never of pictured Ambrose living.

"She come willingly?" I heard a male voice ask, I was tired so I kept my eyes shut, pretending to be sleeping but also I was aware of what was going on around me.

"You could say that" Ambrose responded, I could tell simply by that response he had a smirk on his face.

"Finally winning her around huh?" The other guy chuckled, I heard a slap echo off the walls surrounding us so I assume the guy slapped Ambrose on the back as some kind of congratulatory thing men do with each other.

"Not quite but I torched her home so what choice did she have?" Ambrose chuckled darkly. I wanted to squirm in his arms but I didn't want them to know I was listening to their conversation so I stayed as still as I possible could.

I felt Ambrose shift my weight and the sound of a door opening. The curiosity in me was in full force and whatever feeling of tiredness I hard disappeared, I was fully awake. I felt Ambrose lay me gently on what I assumed was a bed due to the softness of what was underneath me. I waited a few moments before feeling him stroke the side of my face with his hand, the action was kind, sweet, something I would have never seen coming from Ambrose. I felt myself smile a little but it was short lived as he gripped my jaw in his hand.

"I know you're awake Angel" He chuckled, I felt his breathe on my face. Opening my eyes I was startled by how close he actually was to me so I jumped away from him the best I could. "Welcome home" He smirked at me before getting off the bed and walking towards the door and closing it behind him.

My heart was beating in my chest as I looked around me, the room was simple. The walls were a light grey shade, bare but what did I expect from criminals, they didn't know how to interior design. There was a free standing wardrobe and a dresser, pretty standard bedroom furniture. The bed I was on however was a king size bed with a teddy bear duvet and several pillows, it was incredibly comfortable. On the far right corner was a door, I walked over cautiously and noticed a beautiful modern bathroom fit with a shower and a bath. I ran my hands along the tiled walls before coming back out of the room and over towards the door Ambrose had left, I pulled on the handle trying to open the door but to no prevail. It was locked. He locked it.

I was alone. I was a willing prisoner of The Shield.