Chapter 7 - Facade

My heart goes out to the loved ones of Jon Huber who passed away yesterday. Such sad times. I can't believe it, taken to soon.
R.I.P Mr Brodie Lee/ Like Harper
❤️

Its been several weeks again since I last saw Ambrose and I was beginning to feel like my life was returning to normal, thank god. I had my regular clients some where progressing much fast than others but that was okay as everybody's journey was different. Amelie returned a few days after she left, nothing was out of the ordinary she seemed fine so I took it as in Ambrose was just trying to scare me, something he achieved I won't lie I was absolutely terrified that night but that was all in the past now. Ian asked if I could meet him for lunch today, so I made my way to the restaurant making myself comfortable as I waited for him to appear. I glanced at my watch, I knew I was late to whatever this was but he was now twenty minutes late. Rolling my eyes, I should have known he had no intentions of showing up, I reached around to grab my jacket when I hand stopped me, the feeling of his hand made my blood run cold but my stomach flip with excitement. 

"Sorry I'm late Angel, business." His voice cooed into my ear from behind before walking in front of me and taking the seat Ian was suppose to be sitting at. "Surprised?" He grinned his forearms resting on the table as he leaned forward, shooing a waiter away from us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked withholding a eye roll as I stared at him. Just when my life was finally settling down and returning  to normal he appears. I wont lie, I was curious where he disappeared to that's way I accepted this lunch with Ian to pick his brains on Ambrose and The Shield. I couldn't get them out of my mind. 

"I got precious little Ian to arrange this because if I asked you lets be honest , you would have said no." He chuckled swirling my glass of water in front of him, his eyes focused on it the whole time before he looked at me. "Yet you agree to go to lunch with a man that beats the shit outta you?" His head nods, his lips in a slight pout. I looked away knowing there was no point in lying to him, he would know. He was a human lie detector. 

"If you want me to be truthful with you, tell me what the hell you want with me?" I demanded looking into his blue eyes which twinkled with excitement as I challenged him. The smirk steadily grew on his lips before he took his bottom lip into his mouth. "Well?" I questioned again with this new found confidence. I guess I was tired and fed up with him coming and going whenever he pleased. 

"I've already told you. I want you." He grinned leaning back on the chair and resting an arm on the table and one of his thigh. 

"Not going to happen. " I scoffed looking away from him and at the table next to ours who was avoiding all contact, they looked quite stiff obviously they knew who Ambrose was and it was clear he made them uncomfortable. 

"It will, you wanted me to kiss you at your office, not to mention those R rated thoughts you've had about me." He grinned sticking his tongue out and slowly licking his lips, a chuckle leaving his mouth when he noticed my eye go wide and my cheeks go red. "Ohhhh shit. I was just playing about the thoughts....This just got better." He grinned leaning forward onto the table again. 

"I'm leaving." I growl. I can't believe I got played like that again, I'm not saying I was the smartest person in the world but I should be smarter than this criminal in front of me. I turned to grab my jacket, my other hand on the table to leave but Ambrose had put his hand on top of mine to stop me.

"Not so fast Angel, truth time. Why'd you stay with a man like Ian? I mean a smart girl like yourself, surely you would have had a little bit more self respect and walked away." He asked, sighing I knew I wouldn't get away from him so instead of making a scene I turned back around in my chair, his hand leaving mine.