Chapter 4 - The Shield

After a rough night sleep I got out of bed and ready for a day of work. I ran a hand through my hair as I walked into the bathroom. I checked at my appearance, laughing at how rough I looked. The lack of sleep really help hide my busted lip.
I reached over and turned the shower on, undressing and stepping in. The feel of the shower felt like heaven against my skin. I had a thought about the clients I had in the office, none of them would question what happened my face well all but one; Mr Ambrose.

 I could just see the smirk on his face as I tried to come up with a million excuses as to what happened my face. I started to imagine the look in his eyes as he stared into my own. The intensity of his stare causing me breath to halt and my heart rate increase. I felt my hand travel down my stomach to between my legs as my thoughts of Mr Ambrose continued. I imagined him standing in front of me, watching me as I pleasured myself, the smirk never leaving his face as his tongue darts out of his mouth to wet his lips. I picture him telling me I was a 'good girl' as I felt the build up in my stomach release and run down my thighs. 

When I started coming to my senses, I felt sick. I had just pleasured myself over the thoughts of a client. I quickly shut of the shower and got myself ready for work, I went to grab my red blouse before remembering what Mr Ambrose had said last week. Shaking my head I threw it down and lifted my black blouse and grey skirt throwing them on before proceeding to dry my hair and put on some make up. Thanks to my activities in the shower this morning, I was running late so I had no time for breakfast or even time to stop for coffee. Amelie had called asking if I wanted to meet her for lunch which I gladly accepted until I bite my lip. I hissed in pain before calling her back and telling her I had a working lunch today and couldn't, I didn't want her to know what happened last night as she would get on to me for not telling her. Something I wasn't in the mood for today. 

__________________________

I managed to remain professional all morning, like I predicted none of my clients asked what happened my face something I was thankful for. However my last appointment before Mr Ambrose, I was unsettled. I started building scenarios up in my head about how bad and awkward it was going to be. Not only was Mr Ambrose incredibly observant so it was without a doubt he will bring up my lip but I will also feel a little embarrassed after my shower this morning so he will almost certainly pick up on that. I was broken from my thoughts by a knock on the door, 2pm on the dot. 

"Afternoon Mr Ambrose come in." I speak, trying my best to hide the internal dialogue going on inside my head. I was a professional for fuck sake. Mr Ambrose was leaning against the door frame, hands in his jeans pocket and unamused look on his face. His blinks were slow as his eyes darted down to my lip before back up into my eyes, an eyebrow raising. I felt the heat rising in my belly again, just the way he looked at me... STOP. I yelled at myself turning on my heel and walking into the room and taking my seat while I waited for Mr Ambrose to join me. 

"Everything alright?" He asks pushing himself off the doorframe, his bottom lip in between his teeth as he enters the room, shutting the down behind him. He walked over to the opposite chair making himself comfortable by resting his arms on either side of the chair, his legs wide as he leaned back on the chair. I don't know why but my thoughts immediately went to what it would feel like straddling him when he was in that position. 

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled inhaling deeply and rubbing my head as I looked over to the door. I needed to get a grip and fast. I turned my attention back to Mr Ambrose, a smirk had grown on his face almost as if he knew what I was thinking, he lifted his left hand to his mouth running a finger across his mouth as he stared into my soul. 

"You alright Doc?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Fine thank you." I sighed quickly. I needed to make an appointment with my own therapist after this. "How have things been this week?" I asked inhaling deeply, I was going to get control over my thoughts even if it killed me. "Mr Ambrose?" I call again after he ignored me the first time, his head was tilted to the side as his left hand rubbed his chin, he looked to be in deep thought.