Chapter Five

James resurfaced with Nia in his arms, carrying her out of the water. She was breathing just disoriented. Her skin was cold, he gently laid her down on the ground.
"I'll be back for you", he said going back in the water to get Steve.
Nia coughed feeling her lungs burn, she sat up slowly wincing at the pain in her wrist.
She looked to see James came out and was dragging Steve out.
He dropped Steve on the ground looking down at him before kneeling down beside Nia. She shakily leaned in his front as he wrapped his arms around her.
He tilted her chin up to look at him, "hi", her soft angelic voice says to him.
She smiled up at him as her body shook feeling cold,
"You saved me", she said as he lifted her bridal style, continuing past Steve who was alive but unconscious.

Nia coughed rubbing her nose. James knew she would get sick, the water was cold.
He needed to get her safe and warm,
"I'll always save you", he said as she coughed yet again. He held onto her tightly as he staggered through the woods.

James frowned at Nia's shivering body, he needed to get her into warm clothes. He laid her against a tree before quickly rushing off to find warm clothes an maybe some medicine for her but he had no idea what exactly would help her.

He was trained to be an assassin not treat wounds. It was Hydra's job. But he'd do it for Nia. He kept his head down as he looked to see buildings.
He walked ahead keeping his head down, quietly creeping into an open window. He eyed the house before heading up the stairs.
He could see some clothing, he found some sweats and sweaters. He quickly grabbed it and stopped seeing a bathroom, he opened the mirror and saw a couple bottle of pills. He just grabbed them an rushed off.

James made it back to see Nia was shaking badly,
"Nia", he kneeled down beside her lifting her in his metal arm.
Her body shook from the harsh cold, her teeth chattered and her eyes flickered.
He exhaled before looking amongst him to see if anyone was near. When he didn't see anything or hear anything, he carefully removed her backpack and gently lifted up her shirt. He gulped not wanting to look at something he's not suppose to.
He quickly put the sweater on her then shook his head, " I don't know what I'm doing", he whispered to himself.
A soft touch grabbed his hand, he looked at Nia who was looking at him through hooded eyes.
"What's...what's going on?", she mumbled as he touched her cheek.
"I need to changed your pants", he said as she looked up at him before she nodded.
She coughed as he helped her up. He kept his hands on her shoulders steadying her as she unbuttoned her jeans looking up to see James was staring ahead an past her.
She held onto James metal arm and used her other hand to take off her jeans. She almost tripped but James caught her. She kicked off her pants as James handed her the sweats
"It may be a bit big but it'll warm you up", he softly says as she puts on the sweats.

"You stole these", she looked up at him with a smile. He looked away embarrassed as he helped her take a seat on the ground
"I found some things but I'm not sure which one would help you", he said putting some pull bottles on the ground.
Nia smiled at him before picking up pill bottles an reading the inscription,
"It's this one", she says showing James.

"We'll get water somewhere", he said as he helped her stand.
She put on her backpack and smiled at James who placed a baseball cap on her head, tucking a strand behind her ear.
"We should get out of here", he stated as she followed after him.

"Where are we gonna go? They'll be looking for us", Nia spoke as James had led her to a bus station.
"We'll find somewhere", he said as they got on the bus.
Nia knew her life would be on the run with James and she was happy. She's sticking by the one person she trusts more than anybody she ever did.