Chapter Nine

Steve had taken lead as they rounded a corner filled with unconscious men and women in the hallway. "What happened?", she whispered as red lights flashed around them.
Steve checked one of the guys neck for a pulse, he was relieved they were still alive.

"Help me. Help", Nia looked to see the man was on the floor. It was the man that was with James. She was confused his voice was definitely familiar.
"Get up", Steve grabbed the mans shirt and pushed him up against the wall, " who are you? What do you want?",

"Nia...", she looked as the man called her name, " my, my look at how beautiful you look", he smiled at her as she stared at him, " do I know you?", she questioned as he laughed softly
"You don't remember me dear" he said but Nia turned hearing a loud crash. She saw James lunch through the door wall as Sam fell through the door way.
She watched as James grabbed hold of his jaw and launched him against the container knocking him out. Nia stared at James as his chest heaved.
She didn't know what to do. Steve lunged at James as he threw punches at him.

"Nia, can you do something?", Steve shouted as James dodged a punch. Nia inhaled before letting the dark mist surrounded her and with a loud scream, a burst of black energy shot at them launching them away from each other.

Nia wrapped her arms around James who stiffened,
"You promised me", she whispered as James stared down at her. She watched as he grabbed her wrist gently seeing the bruise,
"Its broken but it's not that bad", She said as Steve stood up,
"Nia, what are you doing?", Steve asked seeing Bucky stare down at Nia with confusion.

"He's back to how he was couple years ago. I'm his mission and it's his job to protect me", she stated as James pushed her behind him and sent Steve a punch that knocked him up against the elevator door. He punched Steve right through and he fell down the elevator shaft.

Nia knew not to get in his way of a fight, his soldier senses were amazing. James stood in front of her, "your my mission", he said softly as he pulled her around the corner but stopped when a group of men charged at them. He picked up a metal bar and hit the man using it as a weapon.
Nia kicked another man that was trying to hit James from behind. He looked back as she looked at him,
"Please. Let's just go", she said reaching up to caress his face. He let her touch him as he felt that familiar warmth she gave him.
Nia screamed as her and James were blasted with some kind of sound blare, their eyes closed in pain but not for James who charged towards Stark. He pulled out a gun and shot but Tony deflected it with his metal hand. Tony had back handed him with the clip of the gun but James back handed Tony so hard with his metal arm, he went flying across the room.

"Don't ever hurt her", he spoke monotone going back to Nia who held her head in pain.
"I'm okay", she winced standing up with his help but was knocked back down as the blonde kicked his rib then tried to kick him again but Nia tackled the woman, her eyes pitch black, she sent dark mist into the woman's mouth causing her eyes to gloss over before the blonde screamed in fear.

Nia stood and looked to see Natasha wrapped her legs around his head and started to bring her elbow down on him but he slammed her against the table and choked her with his metal arm.
"James", she approached him, "let her go", she said as he looked at her before he was tackled by T'challa.

Nia looked at Natasha who was trying to breathe,
"This is all your faults", she said before following after James who walked up a flight of stares.
She looked to see James and T'challa yet again engaged in a fight. Nia looked as he gazed at her, "roof", he stated as he continued to fight T'challa.