2. Sunshine

My alarm stirs me out of sleep, I check the time, seeing it's 5:30 A.M.

I groan as I get up and head to my bathroom.

I wash my face, brush my teeth, and brush my hair as I do a little dance, listening to songs.

I change into my sports bra, biker shorts and tie my hair up in a ponytail. It seems short in the ponytail but trust me, it's not, it reaches down to my waist. I loved having long hair, but it can be a lot of work.

I grab my earphones, plug them in and turn on my running playlist. Locking the door and heading out, the sun isn't up yet as I make my way into the woods and up the hill. I come here often, it's a secluded area but I love the serene feelings it gives me when I run in the morning waiting for the sun to rise.

I don't hear a thing as my music cancels out the world around me, it's little things like these I look forward to every day when I wake up. As I reach the top of the hill, I can see the sun starting to upsurge from the hill. It looks amazing. The once blue sky is now shining with the rays of the sun, the clouds turning a peachy pink as the sun bursts into them. I take a seat, pulling my knees to my chest and stare in front of me.

I've always preferred the sun's light over the moon.

This gives me an idea, I take my phone out and press the 'notes' app and I start to word vomit onto the notes.

I want to be someone's sun, I want to shine in their darkest times, I want to brighten up their nights, I want to let them know that I'll always come back. I want to warm them on their cold days, and hug them on their bad days. I want them to wake up everyday knowing I'll always come back.

I close the app and get up, dusting my behind in case any dirt got stuck.

I walk back to my building, no before seeing Edith and Theo.

"Good morning!" I say in a sing a song voice as I hear the bell chime. I lower my voice when I see quite a few customers.

"Morning dear, up so early again?" Theo questions with a gentle smile.

"Yeah, went for a little run." I shrug.

"I'm guessing you haven't had breakfast." Edith raises an eyebrow, arms crossed to her chest.

"Nope, I did drink water though." I give a guilty smile. She shakes her head as she takes out a freshly baked chocolate chip muffin and makes me my favourite sweet sweet iced coffee, this is why I tell you this woman is amazing.

"You know I love you right." I smile as I pay and bite into the muffin.

"I know, who wouldn't love someone like me." She winks.

"Cannot believe there's someone out there who wouldn't like you woman." Theo tells her as he kisses her head.

I blow them kisses, yet again and walk to my building.

I press the button for the elevator and check my time, I hear the ding and walk forward without looking, I bump into a hard chest and look up. Dorian.

"Morning!" My voice comes out squeaky.

"Morning." His chest rumbles as he chuckles, I step away. Thankfully, nothing was spilled and I had already finished my muffin.

"Hope to see you again, cupcake." I say, ohmygoodness. This is so embarrassing.

"Cupcake?" His lips tug up in an amused grin.

I let out a very forced sounding mhmm.

"Well I hope to see you soon too sunshine." He says and I could've just fainted right there and then.

With that I walk into the elevator watching his figure walk out into the streets as the doors close.

Author's Note

Ok I lied here's another chapter, don't be shy comment your opinions!

Lots of love
-Ja