8. Told you so

"Come on cupcake." I whine as I pull on his arm to get him off the couch.

"Nope, no way in hell sunshine." He muses.

"Pleaseee for me?" I bat my eyelashes and pout my lips. His eyes drop to them and he licks his own.

"No fucking way, sorry to disappoint." He shakes his head.

"Come on, you haven't been to an amusement park in forever." I plead.

"And that is perfectly fine by me." He says.

"Fine, if you want be stubborn then-" I place myself on his lap. "You won't get out of here, ever." I threaten.

An arm of his snakes around my waist and hoists me closer, his lips touch my ear as he speaks calmly. "That's not a good threat sunshine." At that, a shiver runs through my whole body.

"I don't know whether to kiss you or slap you right now." I grunted.

"Can I choose." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Yes." His eyes light up with mischief. "But only if I get to change the options to pinch your cheeks or slap you." I cross my hands across my chest. His lips form into a cute little pout. Aww, I lean in and place a hand on his left cheek, planting a gentle kiss to his right cheek. "Please cupcake."

"Fine." Mumbled, clearly unhappy about his defeat. I jump off his lap and start to clap my hands while twirling around the living room with excitement. That seems to cheer his up as well when a small smile tugs in his lips.

I drag him by his arm as we enter the gateway of the park, the roller coaster shine with different coloured lights, a fire buffs out of a fake volcano, loud noises fill the park as people converse excitedly, I see others sitting on benches, eating whatever goodies they sell here. From ice cream, to popcorn, to pie slices, and cotton candy.

"I will lead this trip." I inform him. "And you will agree to whatever I wish." I demand in a attempt impression of what a 'fancy' voice sounds like.

"As you wish sunshine." He matches my tone, a wide smile spread across my lips.

"To the roller coaster lines we go!" It doesn't take long for us to reach the front of the line and soon we're being strapped in our seats. I turn to look at Dorian but accidentally slam my hand against the mental of the coaster. "Ow!"

"What happened?" His head snap in my direction as I flap my hand around frantically.

"I hit my hand, nothing serious." He takes it and places a gentle kiss on it, my hand burns with the way his lips feel and suddenly I'm wondering how they would feel against my own.

No. Stop it.

His thumb starts to stroke it, easing the pain and soon the roller coaster is in motion. "We're screaming at the wrong times." I tell him.

"What?" He questions as if I'm going crazy.

"Just follow my lead and scream when I do." The roller coaster rolls down and people let out screams, as it starts to head up another rim I start to scream.

"Ahhh." I pull on the hand he's holding and he screams with me as well. And we repeat the action until the whole ride is over. People give us weird looks as both me and him burst out in laughter, I clutch my free hand to my stomach that's in a bit of pain due to laughing so much.

"You are crazy you know that." He cheered.

"That's what makes me fun. Up next: the Ferris wheel." We stand in line and there's about five people in front of us. The lady working there looking about our age as well, I find her eyeing Dorian far too much for my liking. Not that I care, because it's fine. It's doesn't matter that much, people stare, it's a natural mundane thing. As we reach the front of the line, she bats her eyelashes at him before she speaks up. "You'll be on the next ride." She explained, her focus on my cupcake as she twirls her hair around.

My cupcake? I've gone mad.

I glare at her and lace my fingers through his, "thank you." I force a smile and she takes a step back once realizes our clutched hands. Meanwhile I turn around to look at Dorian hoping he won't find it weird that I grabbed his hand out of no where. A smug smile curls onto his lips.

We're lead in the Ferris wheel and sat in our own little ride. They make sure the seatbelts are secure and the ride starts. I don't make a move or dare to look in Dorian's direction.

"We're you jealous sunshine?" He probed rather slowly, taking his time with each word spoken. My neck snaps in his direction.

"What?"

"Your jealous." He repeats.

"No, what makes you think that." I place my hands on my lap.

He shrugs. "Don't worry, I don't plan on laying eyes on any woman other than you." He tells me, my lips turn up unwillingly and I stop before it turns to a smile.

"I wasn't jealous." I try to sound as convincing as possible.

"Whatever you say." He raises his hand up in surrender, but his tone tells me he doesn't believe a single word that came out of my mouth. He spreads his legs again and folds his arms as he leans his head on them for support. His shirt rides up revealing a v-line and his abs, I can't seem to take my eyes off him, it's like their glued there, stuck, with no will power to move.

Whatsoever.

"Eyes up here sunshine." He tease and I bury my face in my hands. This ride has been a more of a roller coaster than all the ones we've been on combined.

We step out of the ride and he takes my hand in his.

"Time for me to show you some fun." And he does, he takes me to the most fun rides they offer in the amusement park, we play challenges and he wins a stuffed teddy bear for me, and now he's paying for the cotton candy. I take the stick filled with goodness and thank the person at the cashier.

"I'm always right cupcake and I told you you'd enjoy being here." I wink when we both sit at a bench, facing each other. My legs are in a crisscross position.

"I hate having cotton candy leftovers in my hand." He informs. I cut out a piece and hold it out for him to eat, he does so and I rip a piece for myself. I keep doing so until the cotton candy on the stick is finished and I lick the leftover candy from my fingers.

"You can't keep doing this sunshine." His full attention is on my lips, I gulp.

"Doing what." I ask, I know what he means. I can't stop thinking about it either but I can't, I don't want things to end in bad terms, I like having him around. I stand up abruptly before he could mutter another word. It's already ten pm and the parks is closing soon anyway.

"We should head home." He nods and gets up as well, he takes the stick from my hand and tosses it into the garage can nearby.

The ride to my apartment isn't too bad. We stop at the front of my apartment, he refuses to go unless he sees me walk into my apartment.

"Just to let you know cupcake, we'll have to do this again with Zion and Stella, also it's a good thing we took pictures because Stella wouldn't believe me, and of course I had to have proof, I told her I would win you over and make you change your mind about amusement parks and I wasn't wrong at all. Basically what I'm trying to say is.. told you so" I take a deep breath as I finish explaining.

"Deal sunshine." He leans in and kisses my cheek, I smile warmly as a blush takes over my face. I return the favour with a kiss on his cheek and hug him tightly. I love hugging him, the way his arms wrap around my waist, and the way he pulls me closer to him makes me feel safe. "Goodnight sunshine."

"Night cupcake." I wave, a smile still present on my face.

Author's note:

Please let me know what you think of this chapter. Do you think it was cute? And if you have an suggestions or requests on how to write the tension, don't be shy and tell me. I'll try my best to include as trope you guys want.
I trust you give me an honest opinion besties, good or bad thanks :)

Lots of love 💕
-Ja