Chapter twenty-eight: burn, burn, burn?!

<p data-p-id="ef9747911fa85691824ba24c09f5025c">Tuesday:</p>
<p data-p-id="92dd07f46ed197691c3dec2b2add839e">"How's the audition?" I asked Paige as she entered the dance room. We were doing our ordinary dance class but paige got to do her audition.</p>
<p data-p-id="f19f9ebcb06847a00be361ee4f00a17e">"Great" she said, "I'm on the team" she said.</p>
<p data-p-id="24ea4e13f5f4507fc175ff6e33852607">The dance team is where we dance against other schools and stuff and we still do ordinary dance classes.</p>
<p data-p-id="4b9adff183aadcac1f7b136b000599dd">"I heard you were with Peter" I said.</p>
<p data-p-id="58b7c392d2d6465cd7764d11a4f50b2a">"Yeah. What's wrong with that? We are just friends" she giggled.</p>
<p data-p-id="8a940a79d6df668cd14d789ce0f978dc">"Oh really?" I smirked at her.</p>
<p data-p-id="203c802edf362aa5dccab34f8c65fbfb">"Yep" she said, "just friends"</p>

Wednesday:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. It was loud.

"Ugh shut that thing up Maddie" ash said throwing a pillow to my side of the room.

I tiredly slumped my hand onto the alarm and got out of bed.
I saw ash with a pillow over her head.

We had cross country trials today.

"Wanna run together?" I asked Paige when I saw her stretching on the oval.

"Sure" she said.

"Going to the festival tomorrow?" Paige asked puffing her air as we ran.

"Oh the festival!" I said, "sure. Are you?"

There is a festival after school today at the beach.

After school I met Paige and Ash.

"What are you doing here Ash?" I asked.

"None of my friends are going. Can I come along?" She asked.

"I thought these kind of festivals wouldn't be your style" Mae said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes and we continued walking.

The festival was good, there was nice food and a DJ.

When we were walking back to the school there were a ton of kids from school waiting a few streets away. Some were crying and were dressed in casual clothes like they didn't plan to go out.

"I told you I smelt smoke!" Said Paige pointing to a big cloud of smoke in the sky.

"I can't smell it. My nose is blocked" I said.

I then saw Mae running to us and Klara running with tears running down her face.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The school-it-it--" Klara said stuttering at every word.

"It caught on fire.." Said Mae, "most of us managed to get out fine but it was the junior block that was the worst.

I help my heart beating out of my skin. My mouth dropped open like a trap door and my eyes filled with tears.

"..Chloe?" Was the only word I managed to spill out of my open mouth.

Klara hugged me. "She's in the hospital" she said looking very scared.

"Oh my gosh!" Yelled Ash, "what about all our stuff!"

"Maddie's sister could die and your worrying about your stuff?" Paige asked.

"The school will be paying for a replacements" Klara said.

"What's left of it?" Paige asked.

"It's just a pile of ash and burnt wood now" Mae said, "they still haven't found the cause but they know it was set on purpose"

"Oh.. Maddie..umm if it makes you feel better Tom was in the junior block too, he's in hospital as well" said Klara.

"Why would that make me feel better?" I asked.

"Oh.. I thought you hated him.."she said, did I really seem like I hated him?!

----

I looked at my sister laying peacefully in the hospital bed, with a low chance of survival. Her legs were bandaged up and she had burns around her body. They said the low amount of oxygen would have caused her to pass out.

Al I can say right now is, what will happen next?!

-------

Authors note: hii
Okay so I know I said that this chapter would be the most dramatic and some one would die but I decided I'll end it on chapter 30! So chapter 29 will be the shortest because I have a good way to end it on 30 :)