Chapter 5

I woke up to a heavy and warm wight around my waist. As my mind started registering the scene around me, I noticed the soft snores that were filling the room, the strong smell of cologne, the rough skin encircling me, the chest in front of me that raised and fell at a slow pace. At some point during the night, Derek must have crawled into bed, and I couldn't say that I minded.

He looked peaceful when he slept. No supernatural problems, no feuds, no hunters, just peace. My hand unconsciously landed on his cheek, softly stroking his cheek. Still succumbed to slumber, he leaned into the touch, nuzzling his head onto my hand like a puppy. I wish this could be the way it always was, but now that I knew the reality of the world we were in, there was no chance it would ever stay this way.

Deciding to let him sleep longer, I tiptoed down the stairs to the kitchen where breakfast had already been prepared. I looked around and noticed that their car keys were gone, which meant they had left early in the morning to do whatever it was that they always did. I greeted Brody who had trotted my way from the living room, and filled his dog bowl, adding a few tasty treats. While I served two plates, I put the coffee machine to run, ensuring the freshest pot for the morning. I looked around for a tray to take the breakfast upstairs in case my parents came back at any moment, eating my food as the coffee brewed. Placing some cream and sugars on the tray, I made my way back to the bedroom where Derek was starting to wake up, Brody following behind.

"Morning, sour wolf." I softly pushed open the door, the tray in front of me. Derek was rubbing the night from his eyes, a soft smile playing on his lips. Upon seeing the man, Brody jumped on the bed greeting him with slobbery kissed. Derek laughed and petted his head as he laid at the foot of the bed.

"Morning," he yawned. "Whatcha got there?"

"Some eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Also, some coffee." He took the tray from my hands and set it on the bed. Taking one of the coffee cups, I sat over on my desk to work on the homework I had left pile during the week. Derek grabbed the plate and came to stand behind me, leaning down to rest his chin on my shoulder."

"What are you doing?" He inquired, downing the food from the plate quickly.

"Homework. You know, the thing people my age have to do to be able to graduate from high school with good grades." I looked to the side, my heart beating faster noticing the closeness of our faces. "I'm sure you wouldn't know much about that."

"I'll have you know I was a good enough student."

"Emphasis on good enough." I booped his nose with my pen and continued my work. "When you're done you should head home, don't want my parents catching you here just in case."

"Why? We're not doing anything." He sipped his coffee and sat down on the bed, Brody laying his head on his lap. I turned my chair and faced him, a laugh escaping my lips.

"I think you're forgetting who you are and who my family is. Apart from that, I don't think my dad will particularly enjoy the fact that a 21-year-old werewolf is in his teenage daughter's bedroom, alone." I grinned. "But suit yourself. I'd love to see how it will play out."

"Alright, but can I at least take you out some time this week?" My heartbeat quickened, the sound loud enough for me to hear. "Is that a yes?"

"It's not a no," I grinned.

"I kind of need an answer," he pressed. A grin played on his lips by the point he had stood and rested his hands on the arms of the chair.

"How about, I'll let you know?"

"I'll take it," he smiled. "I'll text you."

"Alright, I'll be waiting." He kissed my cheek and grabbed his jacket to head towards the door. "Where are you going?"