Chapter 5: Spending Time Together

We talked and hang out like we used to for a few hours.

''Okay, it's getting late, I think I'm gonna be off to bed now'' Ryan says as he gets up.

"Alright, good night Ryan. I hope you have a good night, sleep well" I say to him as the others nod.

"Night Ryan" says Cassidy.

"Thanks you guys and good night to you all" Ryan says back before walking down the hall to his room.

We hear his bedroom door close.

I sand up and make my way to the kitchen, but not before seeing Cassidy's face. Her face reads that she's showing love and care for Ryan. I'm sure she loves him more than a friend but doesn't want to admit it or not admit it yet.

I go up to Cassidy and I whisper in her ear.

"Can I talk to you in the kitchen Cass?" I ask her and then I move away and walk into the kitchen with her following.

"Yeah, what's up girl?" She asks.

"Um, I don't know how you will act when I ask you this but" I start.

"Oh okay, just say it Nat".

"Do you like Ryan?" I ask her and wait for her reaction.

I'm scared ish of what she will say back.

A few minutes pass and she still hasn't said anything. I feel like I shouldn't said that so soon.

Oh well, it's done now. I just got to wait and see what happens now.

"Cassidy, you good?" I ask, just to make sure she's alright.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I was just in my own world, sorry girl" she replies.

I smirk.

"Ohh, you thinking about Ryan?" I tease her while laughing.

She smiles and says yeah I kinda was.

"Ohh, you like him?" I ask again.

I see her smiling but also acting shy.

"So do ya Cass?".

"Yeah, I do" she finally says.

I jump up an down, yelling yay.

I stop jumping and so when the kitchen door opens. Cassidy and I turn around to face the kitchen door and see Ryan and Quinn walking in.

"What's the jumping and yelling for?" Quinn asks me.

I smirk and let out a little giggle. He just nods, like he's saying he knows what I mean by my smirk and giggle.

"Oh, it's nothing" I say.

I look at Cass and give her a wink. She just shakes her head, like I'm crazy or something.

"Hold up" I say.

"What?" Both boys ask me, even Cassidy asks.

"I thought you went to bed?" I ask as I point to Ryan.

"Well I heard some noise in the kitchen so I came to check it out" Ryan replies back.

Cassidy and I laugh.

"What's so funny you two?" Quinn aka us.

"Nothing" we both say while still laughing.

After a minute or so, we stop laughing and be all serious now.

"Oh okay, that's fine. Everything is algood in here boys" I tell Ryan and Quinn.

"Well, I'm going to go back to bed and sleep. No more loud noises please" Ryan tells us all.