Chapter 50

Lucy's p.o.v

I rang the doorbell to Francy's house.Or is it Ace's house. This is so weird.

Their dad opened the door.

"Oh Elric. I didn't expect to see you here." He smiled and opened the door. "Come on in."

"I came to see Ace. I need his help with something. Sorry to come on such short notice."

"I didn't know you were coming at all." His dad shrugged.

"Didn't Ace tell you? I texted him this morning." I took off my shoes and coat and made my way inside.

Ace showed up with an innocent grin. "Sorry I didn't say anything. If I did, they would make a fuss about it since we have to work."

His dad gave him a look and then ruffled his hair. "Fine then. Elric will help too."

Both Ace and I nodded and waited for him to leave.

"It's weird to hear him call Elric. I'm so used to Lucy." Ace whispered.

"yeah." I smiled as we got into the living room. "Hi."

Everyone was on a different side decorating. Kai was over to the windows. He gave me a slight nod and kept working. Rehan was decorating the wall next to Kai. He waved at me. Wait, are those goggles on his head?

Their mom was taking out the decorations for the tables and shelves. She smiled at me. "Oh hey dear. We have another helper this year it seems."

I smiled and then.... I saw Francy. She was on the opposite wall on a ladder, attaching some lights. This family really went all out for Christmas.

"You can help me with this wall or..yeah sure.. help her..." Ace pointed at his wall but I was already making my way to Francy.

"Do you need help?" I asked her slightly, touching her hand.

"Um yeah. Thanks. I actually really hate being on this ladder." She smiled and got down. As we switched places we lightly brushed shoulders.

"Okay people. The faster we finish the faster we're free this weekend. Let's go. Chop.Chop." Ace clapped his hands.

"How about you shut up and just work." Kai answered.

"You're just jealous because I have something to do later other than homework." Ace snorted.

Kai kept decorating "Why do you have to be so annoying in the morning?"

"Yeah. why?" Rehan joined in.

This might be wrong but I found all of this amusing. Francy kept passing me on lights looking at them completely indifferent.

"What did I do to you?" Ace raised his arms shocked.