First year Finished

The first year for Melodie went quickly after she'd formed her main alliances only a few still to come, and now it was time for the ending feast.

Melodie kept a polite blank mask on her face tiredly listening to Dumbledore's speech, her ears only perking up when she realised Slytherin had won the house cup. The cheers the Slytherins showed ,letting their masks down for a moment, almost deafened Melodie but the also brought a small fond smile to her face.

Whilst the feast commenced, Melodie dwelled on the interesting things that had happened that year. She certainly agreed that it could've been more interesting but she'd had her first celebrated Christmas and Halloween.

She smiled at the few but thoughtful presents she'd gotten from her friends at Christmas time.

There was the forrest green cocktail dress with a silver jewel incrusted belt courtesy of Blaise's mother, she'd realised that her son had befriended the two girls and already viewed them like her own daughters despite never meeting them. Blaise had also gotten her another present, this time from him, a pair of silver earrings to match the dress.

Theo, being the more quiet one of the group, got her some restricted books on some of the darker curses. She gave him a small smile for this gift knowing how precious the information he gave her would be. However when she gave him one of her rare smiles she noticed a small glare from the blond boy sitting at her side. She raised an eyebrow at him smirking at the light blush that formed across his cheeks, not notable unless you really looked.

From Gregory and Vincent, she got an assortment of sweets they had somehow managed to snag from Hogsmead. She assumed they must've payed some of the older years to buy them, but then she remembered that despite looking beefy and dumb the two boys had gone into Slytherin for a reason.

Now Pansy, being her only female friend at this moment, had gotten her a special diary linked to another currently owned by Pansy. The diary looked simple on the outside a classic dark oak colour with her initials inscribed on the top in silver. Next to her initials was a set of barely noticeable black runes she recognised slightly. Thinking back to the reading she'd done earlier in the year she realised they must've been a kind of secrecy rune. When she questioned, Pansy explained that the rune was there so nobody else could use or read what had been written on the diary unless given permission from the owner of said book.

Cedric and the twins had gotten her an assortment of sweets and some pranking supplies, not ready to show their alliance just yet, and Neville had gotten her a small
willow type bonsai tree (I do not know if these exist but for the sake of the story they do) that he promised to help her take care of.

Melodie smiled remembering the presents her friends had gotten her, her head ducking down as she was given questioning glances. A small blush growing on her face as she thought about the present her best male friend had given her.

Draco's present had been beautiful. The blond had given her a sparkling chain bracelet and some charms to go with it. There was a book charm to represent Theo; a flower charm to represent Pansy; an emerald to represent Blaise; some Slytherin charms to represent Gregory and Vincent and a snake charm to represent Draco. She had gasped when she saw it letting her shields down slightly in the vicinity of her closest friends.

Draco smiled at her reaction happy that she liked the present but also promising to get her more charms each year so the bracelet would be full by the time 7th year came around.

Finishing her main course, Melodie smiled at the chime of the bracelet, she had yet to take of, charms before reminiscing with her friends about what had happened on Halloween.

Melodie and her friends had decided to go to dinner later than usual on Halloween the night being slightly touchy for her. Don't get her wrong she didn't remember much of her parents, apart from the shout of a man telling her mother to take her and run, so she couldn't miss them but it still upset her and made her angry that people were celebrating the downfall of the supposed 'greatest dark lord of all time' and leaving her to pay the price.

It also put her on edge that every Halloween since she'd been at the orphanage something had gone wrong. Whether that be the first time she'd been bullied at age 3 or the first time she'd hurt someone permanently.

No matter what something always went wrong on Halloween. Her inner quarrel went unnoticed by her friends hidden behind the windows in her eyes.

She soon joined conversation as her group sat down to eat a range of topics coming up. The first being what they were going to do for the winter holidays.

"I don't mind what you do, but I'm staying at Hogwarts for the winter," Melodie stated a firmness behind her voice as if daring them to change her mind. She was shot with protests and Draco stating "You're welcome to come to the Malfoy's Christmas ball." She gave the boy a confused look monotonously telling him "elaborate." The boy in question explained the ball a blank expression on his face telling her he found them boring at this age.

She soon found out that as of this moment no one would respect her properly because of her age so she decided that she could wait a few years unless an good opportunity arose. Stating this fact to Draco she saw the moment of relief on his face before they started to discuss another topic.

Only a short time after she had finished her dessert a loud bang echoed across the room. The defence teacher Quirrell ran in clear terror on his face before screaming "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON... thought you ought to know!" before promptly fainting.

A panicked scream echoed across the room before everything turned to chaos. Her group of friends quickly grabbed onto one another to save themselves from being separated in the bustle of the crowd.

A loud shout of "SILENCE!" Made every student freeze and turn towards the headmaster. Melodie saw a glint in his eyes and almost gaped at the audacity of him stating to all of the prefects to take the students to their respective dormitories. Melodie knowing fully well that he knew the Slytherins dormitories were located in the dungeons and the Hufflepuffs were also close by.

Seemingly the other teachers had also realised this fact and ordered the two houses to stay seated at their tables.

Melodie could still not quiet believing that Dumbledore so blatantly showed his distaste for the two houses, almost ready to let the students walk straight first into possible danger. Of course it was later found out that the troll had made its way into one of the girls bathrooms almost killing the bushy haired Gryffindor. The professors had gotten there in time but the beaver had been slightly traumatised.

Now finished with her food, Melodie and her friends headed back to the dormitories and double checked that everything had been packed. Satisfied that everything had been packed the girl and her friends settled down for an early night.

————————————————————

Waking up the septet of friends quickly ate their breakfast before heading down to the train and finding a compartment.

Her group of friend had each offered her a place to stay at over the summer but she declined.

The rest of the journey was quiet, conversation sometimes piercing the silence, and they soon reached kings cross.

Melodie said goodbye to her friends seeing them of before hugging Draco and promising to send letters.

Soon the blond and his family left and Melodie sighed she was exhausted but she knew she and Deaths Angel had training to do.

————————————————————

Thank you for reading. Again I'm sorry for the terrible update schedule but I know if I gave you guys certain days to expect more stories you'd just get disappointed so I don't. However at this moment I am currently trying to write another book that I will end up finishing before anything is released so hopefully that will have a better update schedule when it is complete. I also want to say thank you to all the people who have stuck around and the newcomers to this story, I appreciate the support 😊
-Lovelyangel