Confrontation with the King

I stepped through the portrait walking into the common room immediately noticing the tense and quite atmosphere. Looking ahead of me I saw a smug dark haired boy sitting on a plush leather armchair. As he noticed me he smirked at his friends rising to walk towards me. "Melodie Potter," he stated with what was supposed to be a maniacal grin. "The girl who lived," he continued aware of the many eyes watching us. "I don't appreciate you coming to Hogwarts like you own the place. You filthy halfbreed!" He spat at me noticeably trying to make me cower in fear. He took another predatory step towards me. I looked up at him with an air of indifference in my eyes just trying to rile him up. It worked. He snarled at me whipping out his wand and pointed it at me. I looked at his face unimpressed. "Pity," I whispered coldly my eyes darkening. "I only wanted to observe just a bit longer," I said with satisfaction as he took a weary step back. "But you decided to push my buttons making me quite annoyed," I whispered quietly, knowing everyone in the room was hanging onto the words I said. The once smug boy now stumbled backward as I raised my arm at him. Flicking my wrist I watched as his wand sailed through the air landing in my outstretched hand. "Now look at you all defenceless," I sneered flicking my wrist once again hearing a satisfying crunch. I had broken his right leg and shattered the bones in his hand. He screamed in pain and I quickly waved my wrist again knocking him out. A dirty blond haired boy walked forward seemingly friends with the boy I had just knocked out. "What did you do to him!" He shouted trying to curse me with his wand. "Pity," I whispered and the boy froze as if just realising what he had done. "You didn't learn," I said proceeding to break his arm and knock him out before he started to scream. "Anyone else want to have a go?" I asked looking around the common room. I saw fear and awe on there faces as they shook their heads. Suddenly the two prefects who had led us here the previous day kneeled in front of me. I watched in confusion, though not showing on my face, as the second years and up proceeded to do the same. "To our new queen!" Marcus shouted rising from the floor. The rest of the years cheered something I knew they would never do outside the common room. I pointed at two fourth years and told them to take the two unconscious boys to the hospital wing. "Make up a story about a fight getting out of hand. Don't mention what has happened tonight." I looked at the rest of the house as the fourth years nodded and left. "That goes for the rest of you to," I stated in a commanding voice before moving to a study table with Draco, Blaise, Theo and Pansy.

————————————————————

A couple of hours later, I stretched popping my shoulders before packing up and going to bed. Pansy and the boys noticed me packing and started to do the same. I bid the boys goodnight before walking up the girls stairs with Pansy trailing behind me. I went to the bathroom brushing my teeth before changing into a pair of pyjamas. I walked passed Pansy who was using the bathroom and got into bed reading another book about grey magic. I soon fell asleep and dreamed of taking Dumbledore down.

————————————————————

Waking up in my room I got up and changed into some black leggings and a emerald top before walking to the common room. I immediately spotted Draco's bright hair located on one of the armchairs. I walked down the last few steps and sat next to him reading my book. About an hour later everyone started to get ready for the day and I got up to get my bag. I went back down the stairs to find the rest of my 'friends' is what I'll call them at the moment, waiting for me. I joined them and we walked out of the portrait to the great hall. We walked through the great hall doors and sat in the middle of the Slytherin table. Draco was on my right Pansy on my left and Theo and Blaise opposite them. Then all the first years sat together at one end of the table then it moved onto second years, third years and fourth years before there was a gap where me and my friends sat. On the other side of us sat the group of fifth years then sixth years then seventh years at the end. I observed the hall taking notice on who was interested in the changes and who glanced briefly before continuing on with their day. Some of the ones that stood out most was the Weasley twins from Gryffindor and Cedric Diggory from Hufflepuff. I caught their eyes and they quickly looked down pretending they weren't staring. I took notes of this in my brain deciding to come back to it later I continued on with my breakfast. By now it was 7:30 in the morning but me and my group had free period before our first lesson with nothing to do. I abruptly stood and walked back to the common room choosing not to comment on the whispers of the students and the subtle glare of the headmaster. The rest of my group stood up and followed Draco walking to my right and Pansy to my left. I noticed that Theo and Blaise were walking behind us accompanied by two other boys Draco had introduced as Vincent Crabb and Gregory Goyle. Once out of the great hall, I walked at a brisker pace before slowing down as we reached outside. Despite it being September there was still a warmth to the sun lingering. I walked with my friends by my side down to the black lake sitting a small distance away from the shore line. We stayed there talking and basking in the sunlight before checking the time to see that it was fifteen minutes to class time. We all got up and back into our walking formation to collect our things for the first class of the day. Potions.

————————————————————

Returning to the common room, Pansy and I collect our things for potions and went back down into the common room to wait for the boys. Once they had arrived we walked out of the portrait hole and down the corridor to our classroom. Minutes later we reached the door and pushed it open.

————————————————————

Authors note:
I wanna thank everyone for reading my story and showing support and also apologies for the slow updates. I do try and write when I have time but I get distracted with reading books. 😅 oops. Anyways I'm not sure if I'll continue doing authors notes but I'm just testing it out. Once again thank you for reading.
-LovelyAngel