Training With The Death Angel

Melodie walked through the barrier, putting up a front of getting picked up by the orphanage, and then the angel of death whisked her away to the mortem dimension.

The mortem dimension was very similar to earth because of its lush greenery and blue water, however there were some differences. For instance, despite it looking the same the inhabitants of the dimension were ghostly soul storing wraiths. The wraiths were the souls of the people who weren't particularly bad, but also didn't do anything particularly good. The in between balance almost.

The dimension was also ruled over by deaths angel, Melodie had taken to calling her Cypress.

Cypress had started to train Melodie when she was only seven, having liked the girl when they met briefly at the time of her almost death.

She had trained the girl it etiquette and the importance of keeping secrets first. Teaching her when it was best to lie and that she should only show her true side with no masks to the people she trusted indefinitely.

The Angel had also taught the girl about magic making sure to not give her expectations of what she could and couldn't do. Cypress had assigned the girl many books to read of the muggle and the magical history so she would know what to expect.

Cypress had trained the girl for all the time she
could before sending her back to the boy who would've been her murderer, had the angel not stepped in.

But now her little Phoenix was back in the mortem world and ready to train once more. The angel had reluctantly admitted to herself that she had slightly missed the girl over the four years when they only occasionally spoke.

————————————————————

Melodie didn't stumble when her and Cypress arrived in mortem, it being trained into her throughly from the etiquette lessons that a respectable person did not stumble and was graceful in almost everything. She also kept a blank mask not showing her happiness at being back at her main home. She'd never consider the orphanage and the children in it her home or family.

It was nearing dark when they got to the house, the stars shining in the sky, so The Angel sent Melodie to bed watching with a small serene smile as her little Phoenix fell into a dreamless slumber.

————————————————————

The sun rose the next morning on mortem at an early six o'clock waking Melodie with the brightness. The eleven year old did not seem to mind feeling well rested and ,after a quick shower, refreshed.

The girl then ventured out of her room towards were she remembered the kitchen was from the last visit all those years ago. You see once she got over her shock, Melodie was determined to become better and better in every aspect of her person, magical and muggle sides both included.

She wasn't a know it all as she didn't like to stand out in anything unless she was truly passionate, like in magic. However, she did like to know things and find out about people, solid facts though, not just rumours or speculations. She had been described by people outside of the orphanage as a younger, shyer Sherlock Holmes.

She knew of this fact and of the matrons hatred of anything unusual so she remained inconspicuous after her first time in mortem. Always being good, but not the best. A background character if you will.

Nevertheless, she was back at her true home in mortem eating her breakfast and ready to train again.

————————————————————

Awhile later, Cypress came into the kitchen and greeted the almost twelve years old girl.
She received a small ghost of a smile and a quick nod to tell the her that Melodie was almost finished.

A couple of minutes later, the brunette finished her breakfast and headed towards the duelling room waiting for her instructor and friend.

Cypress quickly arrived and immediately began to test the girl.

"What curse kills instantaneously and what was it originally meant for?" The instructor questioned.

"Avada Kedavra, the killing curse, which was said to be used on hospital patients to put them out of their misery if there was no chance of survival," the girl answered quickly waiting for the next question.

After a few more questions, cypress began to rapid fire them to see how vast her students knowledge was and how easily recounted the information was.

"What curse creates a large explosion?"
"Bombarda maxima."

"What spell wipes someone's memory?"
"Obliviate."

"What spell heals broken bones?"
"Brackium Emendo."

"What is the spell diffindo used for?"
"It's used to precisely cut and object or thing."

What is the opposite charm of lumos?"
"Nox."

"Good," stated Cypress after awhile seeing that her student knew most of the knowledge, she'd asked only a few questions where she'd made mistakes or didn't know the answer.

Assigning the girl more books to read on the harder topics that she hadn't learnt yet or the ones she had gotten wrong, Cypress started to test her on physical training.

Despite being smaller in size, Melodie was quick and accurate with her spell work getting more and more accurate and deadly after each practice.

The same routine went on for the rest of the summer holidays, Melodie only taking a few days of to enjoy the sun (normally the weekends).

Soon enough, Melodie was on her last amount of days in mortem before she had to go back to school only having to go to Diagon Ally the next day to get the new books she needed and any other supplies running low.

She and her group, bar Fred and George who couldn't get away from their family, were going to meet the next day to get their supplies together and catch up in person, having only sent letters between each other through the holidays.

With that on her mind, Melodie once more got ready for bed, brushing her teeth and combing her hair, before falling into a pit of darkness and dreaming of her few friends and a newer face she knew she'd meet in a couple of days.

————————————————————

Thank you for reading. I'll honestly be surprised if anybody's still here with how long it took me to get out this chapter. It seems a common occurrence that I can only get one out once a month. Hopefully that will change and I'll be more motivated for the second year for Melodie.
Thank you again for reading and don't read this if you want a continuously updating book.

P.s. Thank you for all the votes and reads, honestly I don't deserve you guys with how inconsistent my updates are.

-Lovelyangel