Two

The boys head back onto the ground while I stand around the fence and watch them train. They look like they're having so much fun and it makes me happy to see Marcus enjoying himself.

Last year was a tough year for Marcus. It was his first year as captain and it really took a toll on him at one point. I was there of course to support him, and I gave him ways in which he could cope. He was really struggling to balance the role of captain and also staying in form. But I'm glad that he is now stress free and just enjoying it. He is definitely more relaxed this season.

Training is finally done and Marcus is walking towards me with Josh, Baz and this other player. He has perfect dirty blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, like Josh's. As he gets closer I recognise him. It's Adam Treloar. I smile as they approach.

"Hey Tahls, you not bored are you?"

"Why would she be bored?" Baz says nudging Josh and I roll my eyes

"To answer your question Marcs I wasn't bored." I say and he nods

"That's good." He says. "Also, Ads, this is my little sister Tahlia." He adds introducing us.

"It's nice to meet you." Adam says with a smile

"And you too!" I say matching his smile.

"I hope you've settled in." I say and he nods

"I sure have! Dunks has made it much easier that's for sure."

"I'm glad." I say and Dunks has a massive grin on his face. I've heard about their bromance on the news, but seeing it today while they were training was adorable.

"Hey Josh, would you be able to take Tahls home? Bevo wants to speak with me..." Marcus says and Josh nods

"Of course." He says and I smile.

"I'll see you around." I say to Adam and he nods

"Sure will!" He says with a smile. I grab the house keys off Marcus and I follow Josh to his car.

I walk across to the passenger side of the car and go to open the door before Josh comes around and opens it for me, I smile as I hop in and he closes the door shortly after.

"Such a gentleman." I say punching him on the shoulder and he laughs.

"Always." He says with a wink and I smile. He starts his car and drives out of the carpark of the Whitten Oval and we make the short trip to my house.

I glance over at him every few seconds and try not to smile to myself as I am still processing the fact that I'm around Josh again.

"So what have you been doing with your life, other than footy?" I ask and he chuckles

"Nothing much really, my life revolves around footy."

"That's pretty boring." I say and he laughs

"Says the school teacher."

"You know I'm a coordinator too." I say and he laughs again.

"Ooh I'm scared." He teases and I roll my eyes.