Thirty One

The first thing I do when I wake up is check my phone to see if there is a message from Jack telling me he's okay.

I am very disappointed when I see that there is no message. So I text him again asking me if he's picking me up for the game tonight, or if I'm going to have to find my own way there.

The Saints are playing Adelaide at Marvel tonight, surely they'll get the win, especially over Adelaide.

I sigh to myself as I get up and walk downstairs where of course, Josh is already up, sipping his coffee on the couch.

"Morning." I say and he smiles.

"Morning Tahls. Has he responded?"

"Nope." I say and he frowns.

"That's weird."

"Very weird." I say nodding.

I make myself a coffee and then head over to the couch to take a seat.

"How are you getting to the game tonight?"

"Well, I just texted him before asking if he's picking me up or if I have to find my own way there, but considering how he hasn't responded to me, I think Tiana and I will have to drive in ourselves." I sigh and Josh nods.

"If I were you I wouldn't go, he's being a dick, and I don't like it." Josh says getting mad and I roll my eyes at him.

"Not going will just create a bigger problem, plus I want to go to find out why he's been avoiding me." I say and Josh nods.

"I guess." He shrugs and I look at my phone again.

"Did Marcus come home last night?"

"Nope, he stayed at Em's."

"What about Marie?"

"She stayed at Harry's. Both of them texted me."

"I love how they text you and not me." I say rolling my eyes which makes Josh laugh.

"Everyone loves me." He says which makes me roll my eyes again because I know it's true.

The day goes by extremely slowly. I find myself counting down the minutes and hours until I have to get ready, to go to the game. I honestly am so unmotivated to go, but I know I'll create a bigger problem by not going, so I'll bite my tongue and go.

Finally, the time arrives for me to get ready, I put my Saints scarf on, the one Jack gave me, then I hear a car horn beep, which lets me know Tiana is here. I take my phone off the charger, quickly checking it to see if I've gotten a response from Jack, which I haven't. Sighing to myself I make my way downstairs.

"Have fun, and don't worry." He says pulling me into a hug and I nod.

"I'll try." I say, then I walk out the door.

I open the car door and jump in. I haven't even put my seatbelt on yet when Tiana starts reversing out of the driveway.

"Hey." She says, then looks at me when I don't respond.

"Did he do something?" She asks as we drive down the street and I sigh.