Chapter 1

I may never find words beautiful enough to describe all that you mean to me, but I will spend the rest of my life searching for them.  -John Mark Green

Josephine Fawley knew she was in trouble as soon as she slid out of the elegant leather saddle of her beautiful white horse, seeing her fuming brother next to the house's own stable

"Where the hell were you?" Her twin brother asked, his green eyes that were so identical to hers glaring at her accusingly.

"Quentin -"

"No, Joey, Mum is throwing a tantrum. The ball starts in two hours."

"Better get going then", she said, throwing her brother a cheeky smile.

He rolled his eyes. "I'll take Stormy." He grumbled, taking the reins out of her hand and letting her rush into the house.

"Where were you? You will never look presentable in time." Cordelia Fawley - charming as always, greeted her daughter.

"Sorry Mother, I didn't know you wanted me to get ready so early." She gave her mother her best innocent puppy eyes, and Cordelia's facial features softened immediately. "Just hurry."

She saluted playfully before sprinting up the spiral staircase into her room, hearing her Mother mumble something about running, being unladylike.

Josephine quickly showered and washed her hair, drying and styling it with magic - the benefits of being a witch.

She threw on less makeup than her Mother would want, slipping into her dress with ease and smiled at her reflection. The red satin material hugged her figure perfectly and she hoped giddily that her boyfriend wouldn't be able to take his eyes off her.
Even though Sirius and she both visited Hogwarts and practically lived together all year round, she missed him dearly after a week of not seeing him.
Her brother always said it was because they were friends before they were lovers, attached to the hip since the age of 9 meeting at their first pureblood ball, the parents being delighted about the two children of high-ranking families forming a connection.

Things had changed since then, Joey's parents who always secretly preferred the younger Black Brother - Regulus have been proven right in their fears as Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor, bringing shame upon his family.

A year later Josephine was also sorted into Gryffindor and word on the street said Sirius Black corrupted the younger girl as in the same year her brother was sorted into Ravenclaw and Regulus Black, to the relief of his family, was sorted into Slytherin.

But much to her parents' dismay, Josephine never really bonded with Regulus, despite them sharing lots of classes. She always found herself spending all her free time with Sirius and after they became official, the couple never really told their parents out of fear of the consequences.

Joey knew her parents would be rather disappointed, and although no child wanted to disappoint their parents, she didn't fear them in any way but it was a well-known fact that Walburga Black believed in physical punishment and she didn't want to put Sirius through that.