Chapter 7

His mind is a diamond cold hard and brilliant

The next morning, Joey woke up to an empty bed

The next morning, Joey woke up to an empty bed. Everything was folded neatly, and it looked like the bed has been untouched for the night and even though she felt hostile towards the Slytherin, she would have preferred to wake up next to a familiar face instead of a cold and empty room.

Sighing, she put on a dress, guessing that Orion and Walburga probably weren't the breakfast in Pyjama kind of people.

In the dining room she only found Regulus eating his breakfast while reading the newspaper thoroughly.

She cleared her throat. "Morning."

"Good Morning, Kreacher will bring you breakfast in a minute."

She nodded, sitting down next to him, nervously playing with her hair till the house-elf brought her breakfast.

"My Parents aren't going to be home till the evening and I have no idea where Sirius went." Regulus informed her, not looking up from his newspaper.

She let her mind wander to Sirius; he was drunk yesterday and although she wished it was different; she doubted that Sirius Black would want to be the dirty little secret of somebody - yet alone herself. She looked at her fiancé who didn't even spare her a look and had to blink back tears - she was in for a lonely summer and probably an even lonelier life.

She shuddered thinking about her married life with Regulus, her only source of affection being cold gazes and snippy comments.

After both teens finished their breakfast, Regulus got up, making his way to the door.

"Can we explore the house today?" The words tumbled out of her mouth before she could stop them.

"I live here there is nothing to explore."

"I don't live here." She said, fully aware of how pleading her voice sounded.

"There is nothing interesting here, besides maybe Sirius room - if you are into half naked woman on motorcycles, but I guess you already explored that thoroughly."

"Please Reggie-" the nickname slipped from her lips so easily that it surprised even herself. She expected Regulus to be angry, but he just nodded curtly.

"Alright I'll give you a tour."

He walked her through the hallways showing her some of the guest rooms that all had a similar eerie decor that made Joey's neck hair stand up.

"Told you." He muttered after guest room number three, but Joey was adamant about seeing every room in the enormous mansion.

The last door of the hallway looked different, less dusty, and Regulus hesitated before opening it.

The room was beautiful. Huge bookshelves decorated the walls, a comfortable-looking sofa next to a fireplace, and a huge piano in the middle of the room.