Chapter 6

You tried to change the ending
Peter losing Wendy
- Taylor swift

He was cold but polite, maneuvering his way through the room silently, like a snake

Joey decided that if Sirius Black was fire, Regulus Black was ice.

Cold and calculating, his eyes, although grey like his brothers, reminded her of steel. And she was going to marry him. 

She shivered.

Even though she didn't want to admit it, she was afraid of him. He wasn't the boy that hid behind his big brother anymore. Joey had never really talked to Regulus except little profanities like "hello", and "how are you?"

She didn't know what was going on in his head or even his favorite subject. Even though she had known him for years, he was practically a stranger. A stranger she would as of today on, share a bed with.

Her brother looked at her, his eyes clouded with worry. "Will you be alright?"
"I have to be, don't I?"
"Did you talk to Sirius?"
"No and I will leave it at that."

"That might not be your decision to make." Quentin mumbled, nodding in the direction of Sirius taking big steps towards the twins.

"We need to talk." Sirius said, looking directly into Joey's eyes, which only made her feel like crying as she knew she would never look in these eyes again in the morning, hearing Sirius whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

"No, I think we don't."

"Joey, please I-"

"We are over Sirius."

His eyes hardened, his lips pressed together in a thin line as he turned around, making his way out of the room, but not before sneaking a whiskey bottle off the bar.

She closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears as Walburga Black came to her, asking her a never-ending stream of questions which Quentin thankfully mostly answered for her.

Till the younger Black boy made his way to the group, firmly placing his hand on Joey's back and although Joey wanted to hate it, the firm grip of his hand calmed her and gave her the feeling of not being alone.

"Mother, we will make our way back to the Black Manor." He said firmly, making Joey look at him, puzzled.

"Of course, I'm sure you want some, private time."

"We will make the rounds now." His hand slipped away from Joey's back and into her hand. Joey looked at him. Holding hands? Wasn't that a little too intimate for someone like him? Although she wasn't exactly complaining, as his hands were warm and felt safe in this room full of purebloods.

They bid their goodbyes to the guests, Joey hugging her brother so long Regulus started tapping with his foot.

Regulus slipped his hand back into hers and with a loud plop they were back in Regulus' room.