Day 11, 13&15 (chapter-11-)

Day 11

"Love cherishes. Today, find a need of Adrien's you could meet."

"So, like yesterday?" Marinette asked.

"Yes, but a more targeted approach. Think of something Adrien needs today and help him meet that need."

With a sigh, Marinette finished writing that down in her journal and closed it. She finished getting ready for the day, then set about trying to find something she could do to complete today's dare.

_________

When Adrien got into his office, there was a card waiting for him. He set his bag down and looked at it curiously.

Adrien,

I hope the call confirming your admission onto the national team comes soon.

Furthermore, I hope your relationship struggles soon find an end. I can tell there are days that affect you worse than others. No one deserves for their relationship to have that negative of an effect on them.

Best of luck, for everything.

Kagami Tsurugi

He grinned at the warmth that blossomed in his chest at that.

Plagg came to hover over his shoulder. As much as the kwami wanted to smack Adrien upside the head for regarding the card fondly, he knew he couldn't. His chosen was currently off to a good start for the day, and he couldn't ruin it this early on, no matter how much he wanted to cataclysm that note.

_________

Adrien got home that day to a made bed and piles of clean laundry at the foot of it.

"She did laundry, today," Plagg observed from over his shoulder.

"Yeah," Adrien said absently. Marinette did laundry? Even though she was gone all day? She wasn't currently home, nor had she been home when he left for work that morning.

How'd the laundry get done?

"That was kind of her," Plagg continued.

Adrien shrugged, unable to do much more.

"Maybe it would be kind to thank her."

Adrien turned to Plagg with a glare. "What are you getting at?"

Plagg glared back. "Maybe it wouldn't kill you to be kind to your wife when she's been kind to you the last several days."

The stare-down continued until Adrien turned away with a grunt. "Fine. I suppose."

"You make it sound like it's going to be torture to do so."

"This is weird, Plagg," Adrien said. "She's been weird. Why, all of a sudden, does she just decide to start this?"

"She is your wife," Plagg countered. "Does she need a reason?"

Adrien pouted. Yes, she was his wife. Under normal circumstances, no, she wouldn't need a reason to be nice. But... "Do you think she's trying to get something out of me?"