𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶 —𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟰

❝Stop calling me that, you dork❞

📼

𝑱𝑶𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑯 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵 huffed as she tied her shoelaces she thought she'd be enjoying her Saturday but her parents had managed to persuade her to take Franny out to the arcade to play games. At first, Jo had declined but it turned out the entire family had plans that afternoon and Franny's babysitter had quit after a prank gone wrong leaving the woman bald, Mary and Robert had promised Jo a handsome payment if she took care of Franny for the afternoon.

Jo agreed and there she was waiting for Franny to come downstairs, "Franny I'm going to leave without you"Jo shouted as footsteps echoed downstairs as Franny sprinted towards her older sister, "No" Franny panted pouting. "You wouldn't" Franny explained as Jo rolled her eyes moving towards the door only to stop in her tracks, "No making deals or bets with anyone and no stealing their money or conning them and most importantly don't embarrass me" Jo ordered after remembering Franny's personality.

"I'm not going to" Franny uttered folding her arms to her chest tapping her feet impatiently Jo stared at her younger sister one more time before she opened the front door and began walking to the arcade side by side with Franny who was rambling about what she could do if she got a thousand tickets.

Jo just stared detached from reality at the ground kicking pebbles with her sneakers, "Jo! are you listening to me?" Jo broke out of her trance again and nodded her head as she opened the door for Franny who ran inside wildly. Jo stared around the arcade before making herself comfortable by walking around and staring at different video games, "Chips" Jo froze hearing the familiar voice and somehow she knew she was the one the person was talking about.

Jo started speedwalking around the arcade ignoring the person calling her ' Chips' and tried to lose them from her trail, "Hey" Jo turned around abruptly to see the redhead girl again grinning at her. "What do you want?" Jo folded her arms waiting for an explanation as to why the girl keeps calling her ' Chips It's highly annoying and embarrassing.

"I just wanted to talk but you keep running away Chips" the redhead explained as Jo scowled at her, "Stop calling me that you, dork" Johanah snapped as the girl in front of her only smiled admiration twinkling in her green eyes. "I don't know your name you ran away before you can tell me" Max shrugged slipping a quarter into the machine and focused her attention on that.

Jo blinked rapidly before turning on her heels to find Franny, "Where are you going?" Max questioned as Johanah looked at her and turned around her eyes scanning for her five-year-old sister in the crowd of children. "Jo! " Johanah turned around worriedly to see Franny struggling to carry a bunch of tickets in her arms "We hit the jackpot let's go lunch's on me" Franny exclaimed waddling over to the counter eagerly.

"Jo?" Johanah lifted her eyes onto Max who was grinning like a fool, "Franny let's go" Jo announced as they took their box of pizzas they won with Franny's money and exited the arcade leaving a curious Max watching the two.

📼

"You girls look like you've had a fun day" Mary chimed as she unbuttoned her apron as Franny nodded, "We went to the arcade and I won a thousand tickets while Jo was talking to her friend" Franny murmured poking her mash potatoes with her fork. At the sound of a friend, Mary perked up along with her husband Robert, "She's not my friend" Jo revealed as her parents looked at each other.

"But you two were talking animatedly" Franny whispered as Jo shook her head in disbelief, "No, if you looked closer you would've seen the scowl on my face" Jo explained before she finished her food and rushed upstairs to her room and laid on her bed tiredly. Jo hoped that Max will forget about her within a week so she can go back to her normal routine without being bothered or attention being drawn to her.

Meanwhile, Eleven was sitting on the ground of her room watching t.v as she felt a shiver run up her spine from the cold air making her look out the window to see the full moon shining above the house.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

andrew garfield as 𝑹𝑶𝑩𝑬𝑹𝑻 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵

karen gillian as 𝑴𝑨𝑹𝒀 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵