𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬—𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟰

❝You're not all that bad Maxine

📼

𝑱𝑶𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑯 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵 had already regretted saying yes to Max's offer as the redhead girl would not stop smiling at her that entire day and it was kind of annoying if you asked Jo as she liked to be invisible. But today she was feeling good and decided not to hurt Max's feelings by standing her up and besides Max is going to pick her up. Jo skitted down the stairs after hearing three knocks already knowing who it is, and she didn't want her family to see Max.

"I've got it! "Jo opened the door to only see Max standing on her doorstep with a sheepish smile wearing her long jeans and red and white jacket, "Hey. . .Jo" Max uttered awkwardly as Jo returned her smile. "Who's at the door?" Jo froze hearing Robert's voice from upstairs, "It's Max, Jo's going to hang out with Max! " Jo immediately stepped outside and slammed the door shut in embarrassment.

"Let's just go" Jo suggested grabbing Max by her wrist and leading her away from her chaotic home however not knowing the feelings that swirled in Max's stomach as she stared at their connected hands.

"Like this?" Jo asked trying to steady herself onto the skateboard making Max laugh at her causing her cheeks to explode a pink color in embarrassment, "No, It's like this" Max grabbed a hold of Jo's waist and hoisted her correctly playing one foot down. Jo was confident that she would learn to ride a skateboard seeing as it was easy to ride she assumed from watching Max.

"I think I'm ready" Jo whispered as Max looked up at her staring into Jo's eyes for some time before she blinked nodding her head, Jo sighed before she used her right foot to push off as she glided down the streets of Old cherry road moving at fast speeds. "I'm doing it, Max! "Jo shrieked in pure excitement as the wind whipped in her hair as she managed to stay steady.

Abruptly Jo lost control of her footing when a cat ran in front of the moving skateboard, Jo prepared herself for the impact against the concrete ground but it never did came. Jo's eyes snapped open only to meet Max's blue eyes and Jo couldn't help but stare deeper an unknown emotion swirling around the depth of her ocean blue eyes. "You alright?" Max questioned as Jo snapped out of her stupor and straightened out her tucked legs still holding onto Max's shoulder.

"Yeah, just a scratch" Jo uttered her eyes trained on the scratch on her knee that began bleeding on the ground, "Oh" Max dug into her pockets before pulling out a bandage and using it to cover up the wound. "I had a feeling that you would injure yourself so I brought bandages" Max giggled as Jo rolled her eyes now releasing Max's shoulders.

"What should we do next?" Jo asked moving to pick up Max's skateboard seeing the redhead girl's cheeks turn red in embarrassment, "I didn't think you'd be up to do anything else. . . how about ice cream?" Max looked up and stopped fiddling with the hem of her jacket to meet Jo's smiling face. "I'll race you there" Jo winked before she sped away leaving a gobsmacked Max behind, "That's cheating! "

📼

Jo was really enjoying the ice cream that somehow Max managed to persuade the girl to let her pay even though that was the sole reason Jo had brought her wallet with her, Jo only liked vanilla but with more of Max's non-stop persuasion, she got the cookies' n cream that she was now permanently obsessed with.

Max was now walking Jo to her home and she couldn't keep her eyes off Jo's smiling face it was unusual to her to see the ice girl actually smiling and not sneering at her, and it was such a sight the way Jo smiled. Her eyes would brighten and become an even lighter blue and her dimples would pop out and show her pearly white straight teeth.

"Max, are you even listening to me?" Johanah asked as Max still stared at her and cheekily, Jo pushed Max's ice cream onto her chin breaking the girl out of her trance, "Oh you think you're funny" Max laughed before she shoved Jo's ice cream onto her mouth leaving a mustache on her face. "You were the one who started all of this" Jo uttered making Max laughed at the two's short walk came to a stop in front of Jo's house.

"Today was fun," Jo turned around to Max and grinned, "Maybe you're not all that bad Maxine" Jo teasingly said before winking at the girl and heading inside of her home. "Look's like you had fun"  Mary teased her daughter seeing her face covered in ice cream, "It wasn't so bad" Jo announced before moving upstairs into her room.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃