𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 —𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟰

❝You're such a weirdo Max❞

📼

𝑱𝑶𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑯 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵 has always loved Halloween it was somewhat fun dressing up as monsters and getting free candy, it was basically heaven for all children including the Heathen family who were now scrambling to put on their outfits leaving Johanah and Franny waiting for the rest of the family. "Honey you two will have to go ahead of us" Robert announced coming down in his werewolf costume, Johanah groaned while Franny cheered.

"That's right" Mary rushed downstairs her red hair bouncing as she twirled around in her witch costume before hugging her husband, "Are you paying me again?" Johanah asked as Franny gasped dramatically covering her mouth. "No, this is spending family quality time" Robert laughed as Johanah giggled, "I'm only joking" 

Johanah sped walked out of the Heathen home and onto the streets of Hawkins, "Wait for me! " Franny exclaimed trying to catch up to Jo with her big pumpkin costume. "You know the drill Franny, no embarrassing me" Jo stated as Franny rolled her eyes, "Let's go over by the Hayes I heard their giving full-sized candy bars" Franny yelled dragging Jo along with her.

"Alright! two musketeers" Franny stuffed the candy enthusiastically into her sack as Jo grinned as she saw all kinds of candy in her bag, "Boo" Jo's eyes widen as she elbowed the person beside her causing the person to groan in pain. "You can't take a joke, Jo?" Jo turned around and saw Max holding her stomach, "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that" Jo scolded as Max grinned.

"What are you supposed to be?" Max questioned scanning Jo head to toe making the girl blush slightly, "I'm a zombie, what are you?" Jo lifted her right arm that had fake blood trickling down her arm to her fingers. "Duh I'm Michael Myers" Max uttered as if it was the simplest answer ever, "Hey Max" Franny greeted grinning ear to ear.

"Hey little Heathen" Max chimed as Franny looked over to her older sister expectantly, "You can go but meet me right back here in two hours" Jo ordered as Franny nodded before speeding to her group of friends who were beckoning her to join them.

"Let's go and join the weirdo's" Max announced pointing at the group of boys grinning evilly as she tugged her mask down and rushed over to them scaring them mostly Lucas who screamed louder than an average girl causing Jo to nearly laugh.

"Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces." Max snickered pulling her mask off, "And you? Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl." Max commented as Lucas turned flustered as Max laughed, "Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora." The boys seemed confused seeing Max talk to them so casually.

"That's where the rich people live, right?" Max asked before she took off leaving Will and Jo, "Jo right?" Will whispered as Jo stared at him nodded. "You're a zombie" Jo beamed, "And you're a ghostbuster"  Johanah had to admit that it was somewhat awkward talking to Will and his friends who didn't acknowledge her.

"We should probably go and catch up" Will suggested as Jo wasted no time and ran in front of Will to catch up with Max and his friends.

📼

Jo was the only person who had noticed that Will had broken apart from the group and was slowing behind and because of her curious personality she went back to check on him only to see him laying on the ground calling out to Mike. "Will?" Jo whispered waving her hand in front of his face worriedly, "Will" Johanah shouted as Will started walking around calling out for Mike.

"Mike! " Jo rushed in front of Will and grabbed his shoulders forcing him to look at her but Jo felt the air get knocked out of her lungs as she was no longer standing in the neighborhood but rather a dark place with spores floating around in the air.

Jo started wheezing as she turned looked on her right when she saw something that made her jump, it was a woman wearing all white with ghostly pale blue skin and long black hair that reached her ankles. She was humming a tune and holding her stomach protectively but she suddenly stopped as if she felt Jo's piercing eyes on her body.

The woman didn't say anything to Jo but rather stare at her unmovingly, soon Jo heard a weird noise as something huge began emerging from the shadows loaming over her body, Jo screamed and tried to run but it was like she had no control over her body. It was like someone else was controlling her and then they decided to run making Jo run along and Jo hid behind someone's yard trembling as she looked at her hands only to see smaller ones that didn't have the fake blood she was wearing earlier.

Jo finally noticed that she wasn't even wearing her zombie costume anymore but rather a ghostbuster's uniform. "Jo! " Jo blinked and then she felt as though she could move her body as she stared at Max who was looking worried, "Will are you okay?" Mike questioned as Jo's head nearly snapped off her body as she rushed over to Will seeing him hiding in the exact same place she had hidden when she saw that monster.

"I-I want to go home" Jo announced as Max pouted, "Already but it isn't even midnight yet" Jo didn't care all she wanted right now was to lay down in her bed and process whatever just happened to her at that moment. "I'll walk you then" Max uttered as she walked beside Jo to her home with a pep in her step searching through her sack of candy, "What happened to you back there?" Johanah shook her head. "I don't know but it felt weird" she explained.

"You were staying incredibly hard at my face are you sure you don't think I'm beautiful?" Max joked as Jo laughed softly, "So you aren't a block of ice" Max continued as Jo frowned at the girl. "You're such a weirdo, Max" Jo grinned as she rushed towards her home where Franny was speaking to Robert.