Chapter one

A/N: Hey yall! I just wanted to give the proper pronunciation of all the names. 

Asad: pronounced Uh-Sud

Zain: easy one especially for one direction lovers (;

Aliyaar: Uh-Lee-Yaar

Anwar: Un- war

Deen: this is an easy one

Hishaam aka Shaam: pronounced: Hi like hit with no t ( and also not hee)- Shaam (the a in this is not pronounced like the a in apple but kind of like how you say umm or tom shaam and Tom rhyme )

But yeah, Please please leave comments I'd LOVE to know what you guys think:) I probably won't do so many author notes and the characters are left for you to imagine although if I have someone in mind who they might look like I might add it in the future. Oh and by the way, this is not cliche!

 Even if you might not vote , leave a comment, I love comments! Feel free to leave any criticisms too but make sure you're polite:) Also, If I get enough comments I'll update frequently, more than once a week.  Thx and Peace.✌

*********************

Nyla lay on her bed, dreading the next day. It was her second week as a freshman in high school and she had already managed to earn a detention for being disrespectful in class. Her History teacher, Mrs. Henderson was just finishing up her long, lecture on the fall of the Ottoman empire. It was an interesting topic of how the Ottomans had managed to conquer nearly half the world before their decline in power. But to Nyla, it seemed as though Ms. Henderson was trying to make it boring as she flipped through her teacher version of the textbook, reading directly from it in a slow, dull voice. Her large, thick glasses slipped off her face and dangled from the chain around her neck. She paused, rubbing her eyes that had large, saggy bags underneath them, and put her glasses back on slowly, before continuing her lecture. Nyla glanced at the clock  there were just five minutes left. Any moment now she had thought. 

Aaaand now! "Alright everyone, your homework for tonight is to read the next chapter in your textbook. If anyone has any questions, they may ask them now." Ms. Henderson said.

She looked at Nyla, her thin, red lips pulled into a frown, deepening the wrinkles around her mouth.  At that moment Nyla thought that she looked just like the older, more aged version of her foster mother, Ms. White. Nyla snapped to attention as she heard bits of giggles from the class. The whole class was now staring at her and she looked back at them in confusion.

"Oh!" she exclaimed realizing her blunder. She had said the exact same words as her teacher not in her head but aloud. 

"Everyone but Nyla may leave" Mrs. Henderson said giving her a stern look underneath her spectacles.

Nyla groaned inwardly, her heartbeat quickening. She had never been in trouble before. She was especially careful to stay out of trouble knowing very well that it wouldn't sit right with her mother. She fingered her pendant nervously as she walked up to Ms. Henderson's desk. Moving slowly as if that would somehow help her get out of  the predicament she was in. 

She had stood there, for quite a while, answering Ms. Henderson's questions about what she had done and had tried, to explain that it was a mistake and that she was just really observant and had a knack for picking up on certain patterns and behaviors since she was little. 

 Mrs. Henderson was not having any of it and she had wanted to keep her in for detention that same day but luckily, she had postponed her detention for the next day since Nyla had a club meeting that day. 

To make matters worse, Nyla's foster mother had grounded her for an entire week after she heard about the incident. Not that it made much of a difference anyway. Nyla was not really allowed to do much in the colossal mansion of her mother's. Ms. White had made sure that since the day she had arrived at the age of four by enrolling her in a daycare and then hiring a nanny to look after her when she was at home.