Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Just wanted to let you know, I might be editing the previous chapters. I think they might show up as updates but they're just under editing. Also, in chapter 16, I know I wrote that she was 13 but I edited that chapter and so now, she's still twelve. 

Later that day, Nyla was tidying up her room and gathering up her laundry. She remembered how it was mostly Sarah who had done it for her in Ms. White's house. She resolved to call her that day. It had been a long time since she had talked to her on the phone. They had mostly been exchanging emails instead due to Sarah's busy schedule. As she was cleaning, she dialed Sarah and put the phone on speaker allowing her to work as she talked.

"Hey! Nyla, it's been a long time, what's going on? How've you been."

"I fainted." Nyla said.

"What? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Nyla smiled, at the concern in her voice. She had purposely started off the conversation that way, wanting to hear her reaction. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, now."

"What happened?"

Nyla sighed, "It's a lot, are you busy right now?"

"Not at all, go ahead," Sarah said enthusiastically.

And so Nyla began her rant, telling her about the rumors about her brothers, how she snuck off to a party and got caught, how her brothers and Tony had dealt with the kid, and how Zain almost got arrested. She ended by telling her about Angie and how she had fainted and her brothers thought she had an eating disorder. Sarah had listened the entire time, only commenting occasionally and asking a few questions in between.

At that moment, there was a loud bang on the door and Nyla jumped, dropping a whole pile of neatly folded pants.

The Aliyaar walked in the room his hands shoved deeply into his pockets.

"By the way, I can't believe you snuck off to a party" Sarah was saying.

Nyla's face burned and she ran over to her dresser and snatched the phone off of it, she fumbled with it a bit trying to take it off speaker.

"I mean who would've thought, that an innocent, sweet, cute little Nyla to do something like that." She continued with a laugh.

Nyla grit her teeth, finally managing to get it off speaker. She turned around looking at Aliyaar who was leaning against the wall with a large smirk plastered across his face. He nodded, "yeah, who would've thought." He said.

Nyla's scowled at him as she brought the phone to her ear.

"Hello? Hello?" Sarah said from the other end.

"Yeah, umm."

"Oh, you're there, okay fine, I'm sorry, don't be offended." Sarah soothed.

Nyla protested, "it's my brother, he just barged into the room right now and he heard you, so I'll talk later okay?" She said glaring at Aliyaar who was now using her hair brush to comb his hair. He smirked at her in the mirror.

"Oh, sorry, okay, bye then." Sarah said quickly before hanging up.

Nyla sighed and dropped the phone on her bed. "You can't just come in like that!" She fumed.

Aliyaar shrugged, "It was unlocked, so if you were changing, it would have been locked, and plus, I did knock." He leaned in closer to the mirror, as he combed and styled his thick, black locks.

"Stop using my brush." She huffed walking over to him.

"He arm hovered over her dresser, about to put the hairbrush down, but at Nyla's comment, he brought it back to his head again and resumed coming his already neat hair.