Chapter Twenty-Five

It had been a few days since Olivia's apology. She began sitting at Nyla's lunch table again.

"Won't Angie be mad at you for this?" Nyla had asked.

Olivia shrugged, "Doesn't matter to me. She wasn't the one who tried to visit me in the hospital."And so, Nyla had left the conversation at that, accepting Olivia's explanation. However, she knew Angie would, one way or another, show her disapproval. And her thoughts soon became reality for at that very moment, Angie approached their table, flipping her brown hair over her shoulder as she walked over with a haughty expression on her face.

Nyla immediately straightened, readying herself for what was about to go down.

Laila however, continued to eat her food as though she didn't notice her. "MMM, this is soo good." She said, taking a large bite out of her Philly cheese steak.

Angie stood right in front of Olivia, a hand on her hip as she surveyed the three of them. "So, you've decided to sit with these two losers?" She said with a scowl.

The rest of the table immediately stopped to listen to those words.

Nyla and Laila both turned their heads toward Olivia expectantly, waiting for her answer.

"I mean, you're the biggest one so you should probably join us too!" Olivia said with a smirk.

Laila choked on her food as she stifled a laugh.

"You're gonna live to regret this." Angie sneered before turning on her heel and storming back to her table. *********Nyla was waiting in the parking lot for her brothers as usual. She knew that today they would have their afterschool sports activities and she expected Zain to show up.

Brad was on the side of the building. It had been a while since she had spoken to him and he seemed to have been avoiding her ever since the smoking incident. She figured he had been too scared at the notion that Zain may have seen the two of them together.

She was standing next to one of the pillars near the exit, staring off into the distance, at the area where Brad and his group stood. She jumped in surprise when she heard a deep voice right beside her ear.

"Hey!" it said. Nyla yelped and turned to find Brad standing right next to her. He was much too close for her liking so she immediately stepped away to create a safe distance.

Brad smirked, "I don't bite."

"But you smoke," She said wrinkling her nose.

Brad adjusted the hood of the grey sweater underneath his leather jacket. Nyla thought it didn't suit him at all as much as it did her brothers.

"I wanted to ask if you were interested in coming to one of our parties after school this Friday?"

"No," Nyla said abruptly. She knew her brothers wouldn't allow it, although this time, she wasn't bothered by it. She didn't trust, or like Brad enough to go anywhere he wanted her to.Brad's smirk instantly faded and was replaced with a frown. His eyes darkened a shade and something sinister flickered in them. "Why, because your brothers are control freaks?" He blurted. He instantly covered his mouth looking slightly regretful, but Nyla wasn't having any of it.

Her voice went dangerously quiet. "You know nothing about my brothers." She spat. "Just like you know nothing about me. And I prefer to keep it that way so stay away from me." She took a step away from the pillar she was leaning on.

Brad was about to say something but was cut short when the front of his jacket was suddenly clenched between a pair of hands belonging to none other than Aliyaar. The triplets appeared from either side crowding around the two of them. Deen pushed Nyla behind him stepping in between her and Brad. Nyla looked just as surprised as him. She had been expecting Zain to pick her up instead of them since they had extracurriculars that day.