Chapter 3

After that huge fight, varian ignored anyone when trying to talk to him. Andrew, Hugo, the guards, another prisoner, He ignored all of them. He didn't want to engage in anything else. He just sat in the corner, hiding his face, sometimes crying, but silently so nobody would hear.

Andrew realized he could use Varian in his favor. Varian was in a weak, emotional spot. Andrew could use Varian's negative emotions to his favor. All he needed to do was press the right buttons.

Andrew: Hey kid.

Varian stayed silent.

Andrew: Kid, come on, talk to me, we are a lot alike. I think we could get along.

Varian still stayed silent.

Andrew: Ya know, you and I have something in common. We both hate Corona, and Rapunzel, and want them to fall. We both tried and ended up down here.

This sparked an interest in the young alchemist. He turned his head to look at Andrew, still staying silent. Andrew knew he had Varian on the hook, he just needed to keep it up.

Andrew: I say we work together, you and I. 

Varian thought for a minute. Hugo heard the conversation they were having and decided to jump in.

Hugo: He's a kid. He can't work with you. Besides, that is going to end up failing and you will regret it.

Varian sat on the cell bench thing that was attached to the wall. He looked at Andrew, ignoring Hugo.

Varian: I'm listening. 

His voice was still dry and weak, but he decided to listen to Andrew.

Andrew: So here's my plan kid 

 Hugo: You can't he's just a- 

 Varian: I'm 14 

 Hugo: That's still young 

 Varian: Does it look like I give a crap! I want revenge on corona and Rapunzel!

 Hugo: That's still a bad idea!

 Andrew: Come kid.

 Varian: Sorry Hugo, but you don't get a say in this.

 Hugo: Alright...

Andrew and Varian made up a plan. Well, more like Andrew told Varian what they needed to do and Varian planned how to do it. Varian felt like Andrew was his friend, a friend who would help Varian. Andrew promised to help free Varian's dad from the amber, but of course, it was a lie. Andrew was just manipulating the poor alchemist, and Varian was oblivious to it. He just wanted revenge, justice, his father. 

The made an escape plan to get out of the prison, but Hugo felt he has to try to talk to Varian again. He can't let Varian throw his life away like this.

Hugo: Varian.

Varian: What do you want now!

Hugo: He's lying to you!

Varian: What kind of proof do you have!

Hugo: Trust me Varian, he's only using you! He won't help your dad! 

Varian: He and I have something in common! Once we are out of here, we are going to figure out how to free my father!

Hugo: Trust me Varian! He's only using you!!

Varian: And what kind of proof do you have of that!

Hugo: I know he is using you! How else would he be here!

Andrew: Hey kid, why don't you shut up!

Varian: You don't know anything about us! Or me!We are taking our revenge on corona, and thats that!

The argument ended after that. Varian thought to himself. Could Hugo be right? No, he can't be! Varian sat that whole night thinking about what Hugo said. What if he was right? Varian tried not to think about it. He didn't want to believe he would be betrayed again. But at the same time, He had to help his father and get his revenge. 

The next morning, Varian decided to apologize to Hugo. The escape was going to happen the next day, so might as well try to talk. he still didn't fully believe Hugo, but he decided to try to apologize anyways.

Varian: Hey...Hugo

Hugo: What...

Varian: I wanted...I wanted to apologize for yelling at you yesterday..

Hugo stayed silent.

Varian: Look...I still don't completely believe you about Andrew...but I shouldn't have yelled at you like that...if you don't forgive me..I understand...

Hugo looked at Varian.

Hugo: I forgive you...

Varian smiled slightly. He hasn't felt a spect of happiness in a while. Even while drafting the plan with Andrew, he wasn't very happy, more like angry toward who they were gonna take revenge on.

Varian: Thank you! 

Hugo smiled at Varian.

Hugo: No problem.

Andrew didn't like how happy Varian seemed talking with Hugo. He knew Hugo was going to ruin everything if he didn't do anything. Varian seemed to trust Hugo a bit. Andrew was worried Varian might even doubt him and trust what Hugo said. He had to break this up.

-End of chapter-

Candy/Creamy helped me again. We really enjoy making this story together! We write a lot of the conversations together!