Chapter 10- Shopping

"LEAVE ME ALONE MICHAEL" I screamed bolting up out of bed gasping for air.

"It's just a nightmare Lessia. Michael isn't here. He can't hurt you" Ava said. She's been sleeping with me ever since we got back from Izzy's.

Let me bring you up to speed. It's been two weeks since the party and I've been having nightmares. I didn't want to be  rude since I was already staying there longer than I had planned so Ava and I went home on Wednesday after school. My nightmares have kept me up and I'm keeping Ava up. I feel really bad about it. I don't like keeping her up. Sometimes it's perfect timing to get up for school and other times like now it happens around 2 in the morning.

"Let's go to the bathroom. You can take a cold shower and I'll grab some milk for you" Ava suggested. I didn't want to sound like a baby but I didn't care.

"I don't want you to leave me"

"Its okay Lessia I'll be back before you finish bathing"

"Okay, you got two minutes" I said stepping into my shower. She nodded her head walking out to get the milk.

I finished my shower but Ava still wasn't back. I got dress and walked out room to look for her. I walked into the kitchen and my jaw dropped. My dad was over Ava, while she was curled up in a ball crying holding her cheek. He was about to hit her again but I quickly rushed in front of her taking the hit myself.

"Dad you can't hit her. Only me" I said looking at him.

"I woke up to screaming and she was the first one I could find so of course I can fucking hit her" he said to me.

"No you can't. I screamed so hit me all you want" and he did so. He slapped, punched and kicked me until I could barely move. Ava helped me upstairs to my room when our dad went back to his.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Lessia. I feel so guilty" she said her eyes filled with tears.

"Hey it's okay. I'll do anything to protect you" I wheezed out. It was getting hard for me to breathe but I'm used to it. Just two puffs of my inhaler and in good to go.

"Let's go to sleep"

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Oh how I hate waking up. My body was so sore from the beatings my father gave me. I woke Ava up then went to take a hot shower to relieve some of the tension from my body. It helped a bit. I dried my skin and put on my outfit for today. I left my hair out because I was too lazy to fix it. I went downstairs to make breakfast for Ava and I since we still had time to pick up Aubrey and Izzy.

"I made eggs and bacon Ava" I said to her because she was still upstairs. I dished out out food and placed hers in front of the stool next to me. When she came downstairs she quickly ate her food and washed her plate. I did the same and we went back upstairs to brush ou teeth and grab our bags. We went out the front. I made sure to lock the door behind us. We picked up Izzy first since she lived closer to where we lived and Aubrey lived further.

Once we got to school I couldn't wait for it to be finished. I went to my locker to get my books. I put in the combination and took them out. When I closed my locker Ianjae was standing in front of me.

"Hey"

"Hey. Can I help you with something?" I asked walking from my locker.

"No, just saying hi"

"Why would you say hi to me. You're the most popular guy in school" I say to him confused as why he would actually do that.

"There's a first for everything"

"Yeah I guess" I caught a glance of someone I hadn't seen in a while.

"I was wonderi-"

"Ayy sia," the person said.

"OMG LU!!" I shout running to my other best friend that I hadn't seen in months. He went off to college leaving me and Izzy by ourselves. That hoe. I was so happy to see him. I wrapped my legs around his waist once I reached him and hugged him tightly.

"Hey Lessia. Omg it feels like I haven't seen you in years" he says hugging my waist spinning me around.

Someone cleared their throat behind us and I hopped off of Lucas to see who it was.

"Oh I'm sorry. You were about to ask me something?" I asked Ianjae. He looked odd.  His normal cool look was replaced with a hurt look momentarily but was quickly covered by a blank expression.

"No it's okay. See you in class. Good to see you again Lucas."

"Yeah, see you..."

"What was that about?" I just shrugged my shoulders.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

So it was the end of school and the girls and I were going shopping since it's what we do every friday. But today instead of just buying the normal things we usually but we're going to buy dresses for homecoming. We all wanted to wear the same colour so we're wearing purple. We dragged Lucas with us ignoring his complaints. We introduced him to Aubrey and surprisingly they already knew each other.

So here we are at the mall buying dresses and shoes for the dance in two weeks. I cant wait. We are going together of course with the addition of Aubrey's girlfriend. We met her once before when the we went out on the town together Saturday. She was so nice and I could tell she loved Aubrey very much so now every Saturday all of us go out on the town with Aubrey's girlfriend Sienna.

We bought our dresses and shoes and then made our way to the food court. Lucas couldn't be more happier. We ordered 2 large pizzas and sat down to eat.

"So lu, how long are you planning on staying here?"

"Until after the homecoming dance"

"Okay cool"

We ate the rest of our pizza and then headed home.

I drop everyone off to their respective homes and then went home with Ava.

I went to make dinner as soon as we got through the door and dish out my father's food and put it on the table. I knew he would be home soon so I dished out Ava and mines as well and poured us some juice and took a tray up to my room. I don't eat with my dad because I'm scared of what he might do. I ran back downstairs to clean up. When I walked into my room I heard the front door open.

Any later and I would have had to have my ass whooped again.

*
*
*
*
*
Yoo chapter 10. Longest chapter so far omg. Yeah Izzy and Alessia have another bestfriend. They've known each other since they were 2. Lucas was just a few months older than them and went to school open.

I hope you like the chapter. Please vote and comment and tell me if there are any mistakes. Love you guys. Byeeeeeeeee😋😍