Chapter 22

LEMME MAKE THIS CLEAR. NO SHIPS ARE IN THIS BOOK. NIKI AND WILBUR ARE JUST FRIENDS. DO ANYTHING STUPID I WONT HESITATE TO CALL YOU OUT AND MAKE FUN OF YOUR DUMBASS

anyways enjoy :)

Wilbur's POV

I have always been a patient person. You should never rush into things, but instead stay calm.
But in this situation, with my knee rapidly bouncing, I couldn't think straight enough to really think before doing.
So the smartest thing I could do was sit down and wait.
What am I gonna tell the others? Oh hey, Tommy got shot right after winning in court, sorry.
No! It's gonna kill them to hear this. It's killing me just sitting here, not being able to help him. They don't even know if he's gonna make it for fucks sake!
Who should I call first? I should call Tubbo first since he was waiting for a phone call anyway.
I take out my phone and dial Tubbo's number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ri-

"Wilbur! How did it go?" Tubbo said excitedly. I swallowed the lump in my throat. This is gonna break him,
"Hey Tubs, so I have good news and bad news," I say trying to break it down easily.
"Okay..?" Tubbo said hesitantly.
"Good news, Tommy won in court and I will be his legal guardian. He doesn't know it yet, but I am going to adopt him. And the bad news.." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.
"Just tell me Will. It can't be that bad," he laughed nervously.
"I think it is Tubbo. I don't know what other way to say this than straight forward," I said sniffling.
"It's okay, just say it," Tubbo said.
"After we won in court, Tommy's father must've been partners with the security guard and he- he..," a sigh escaped my body,

"He shot Tommy, Tubbo," tears were running down my face again. In moments like this, I didn't try to stop myself from crying.
"W-what?" Tubbo stuttered.
"You can't be serious!" Tubbo raised his voice.
"I'm sorry Tubbo," I say.
"I- is he okay? Is he... alive? Please tell me he didn't die," Tubbo said.
"He's not dead, but there's a slight risk he might. He was shot in the chest, close to his heart,"
Silence overtakes the phone, making me slightly worried.
"I gotta go, I'll tell the others for you," Tubbo whispered. He probably didn't want his voice cracking.
"Okay, I'll keep you updated Tubs," I hang up the phone, wiping away my tears.

I see a doctor come into the waiting room and look over at me,
"William Gold?"
I nod my head standing up,
"How is he?" My voice was shaky, scared for the worse possible answer.
"He is stable, but we are required to perform surgery to get the bullet out of his chest, but.." she trials off.
"What?"
"The surgery has a 25% chance of survival. If we don't remove the bullet he will die anyway," she said.
My mouth hung open slightly. How much shit does he have to go through?
"Well, when-when does surgery start?" I ask, swallowing the lump in my throat.
"In a few hours. He is awake right now, but he is very delirious. You may go visit him if you want," she said offering me a small smile. I nod, letting her lead the way.

I enter the room to see Tommy hooked up to different kinds of machines, making me want to vomit.
He was picking at his nails, unaware I entered the room.
"Hey Toms," I say, gaining his attention. He gives me a weak smile, pointing at his throat. It must be sore.
"Oh okay, uh- do you feel alright?" I ask handing him a notepad and pencil. He writes down quickly two words.
"Like shit,"
I laugh,
"That is expected. Did the doctor tell you what's happening?"
He nods his head, frowning a bit.
"I know it sucks buddy, but we can't leave the bullet in your chest. It could block air way," I say.
He nods, his eyes going glossy.
"No, don't cry bud. It's gonna be alright, okay?" I try to comfort him, taking hold of his hand, rubbing my thumb on the back of it.
He grabs the notebook again, and starts writing a bigger sentence.
He hands it to me after a couple seconds.
"What do you think is gonna happen, honestly. Am I gonna die?" I read it in my mind, eyes widening in shock at how straight forward he was.
"Uhm- I don't know Tommy. I think you are really strong and can pull through this, but I- I just don't know," I say.
He nods his head, wiping away his tears.
Once again he grabs the notebook, handing it back to me.
He started a tic tac toe game. I laugh, drawing in a circle in one of the boxes.