Estaba Viviendo

I sit by the window, watching as the boys head outside to sage themselves for the ritual, protecting their living and breathing selves. 

Looking over, I see Queen Mary propped upright by the wall on the opposite corner of the room, three shackles attached to her wrists, legs, and neck, temporarily immobilizing her as she is knocked out curtesy of moi. 

I look outside again, and see the boys playing with their shadows. I softly chuckle and stand up, getting closer to Queen Mary. "You are making a monstrous mistake child." She rasps out as I crouch down to her level. "And what is that mistake?" 

"Trusting humans. Humans are the ones who killed me and trapped me in this form for centuries. I just want to live again."

"And do what? Murder the boys out there? Take your revenge on the descendants of your cousin?" I spit, looking at her eyes which started to seep black blood through them. I roll my eyes and hold my hand out in the air, willing for one more demon shackle to materialize in my hand. I feel it take shape and I place the shackle around her forearms, giving her one more barrier to break if she breaks through the other ones. 

She cackles, throwing her head back, looking at the cuffs. "Stupid, Stupid young girl. These shackles will only hold me for so long." 

"Hopefully it'll be long enough." I spit, standing up as the boys walk in, pouring a salt circle as the others light all five candles. I step into the circle before it is fully finished and stand behind Corey, for he needs the most protecting after his childhood demon experience. 

Colby turns on the EMF reader and waves it around the table, checking. Once he points it at me it turns a light red, he waves I in the direction of Mary where it flashes an angry beeping red over and over. I laugh softly. "They're both here. Vicky?" Corey asks. I force my hand to become physical and I softly place my hadn't on his shoulder 

"WOAH!" Corey jumps up from his chair and walks backward, almost out of the salt circle. 

"DONT!" I yell, my voice reverberating through the room. 

"Victoria?" Colby asks, looking around. I sigh, trying to make myself visible but Mary's energy stops me. 

"It's me, do not step out of the circle, she is right beyond it, you are safe inside." I tell them, watching their reactions. Corey's face goes pale as he sits back down calmly. "Where are you?" He asks, looking around. I place my hand on his shoulder. "Right here." Corey looks up, trying to see me but only seeing the ceiling above him. 

"Why can't we see you?" Sam asks, sitting down in his chair. 

"Mary is blocking my powers with hers." I explain, stepping to Corey's side, in between him and Sam. 

"Okay, we need to get started. Everybody Hold hands." Jake says, a look in his eyes I couldn't quite decipher. "Vicky where are you?" Jake asks. 

"In between Corey and Sam." 

"Hold their hands also, then maybe we would be able to see you." I nod, even though they could not see me and lock hands with their outstretched ones, Corey's shaking a little bit. 

"Woah!" Colby says, setting the camera down, grabbing Jakes hand. 

"What?" I ask, gripping tighter as a wave of force tries to push me back. 

"We can see you now, but you look more.... alive, I guess?" Corey explains, looking into my eyes. I smile at him, turning to the table. 

"In order to close Mary off from haunting the living world we need to be very specific." I tell them, looking behind me at Mary, noticing she got one shackle off. "And we need to be quick. She's escaping." The boys started freaking out, I could feel the shift of energy in the atmosphere, it turning into more of a rushed, scared feeling. I let out a breath and said a phrase in latin, opening the ritual. 

"We are here to welcome one soul into the living, we open this ritual to let Victoria Oliverns into the living world, only her, no one else who wishes to pass through the barrier." Colby states, closing his eyes. I smile, that was said very well. 

"NO!" Mary screams, shaking the entire castle. The boys jump and look at me. 

"Just Bloody Mary, she's getting angrier." I state, closing my eyes also, willing myself to see the barrier. "Repeat it." I demand, watching from behind my eyes as my astral form falls onto a dark hallway. 

- -

All feelings and voices that I would have heard faded away, only darkness in front of my eyes. My astral form walks forward, no specific direction, just forward. As I walk, a light emerges from in front of me, around eight or so yards away. I get closer to the light, pausing just before stepping into it. I hear soft voices from outside the light, seeming to come from the light. 

I take a breath and take a big step in.