The Morning Before

"FWOOOOOOOOOOT!"

Crowley nearly shot straight to the ceiling as the sound of a trumpet pierced his ear drums. The demon's heart pounded wildly as his gaze searched the bedroom for the source of the sound...

"Good morning Daddy!" a voice giggled. Crowley turned to his left and he saw his daughter Eden, who was clasping a plastic trumpet in her hand as she hopped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around her father.

"Good morning ya little bugger." Crowley chuckled as he ran a hand through her wild dark red curls.

"You getting' excited for tomorrow?" Crowley asked with a lopsided smile as Eden reached up and attempted to smooth out his unkempt bed hair.

"Yeah, I was helping Papa make sure we have everything we need!"

"Good girl, now would you be so kind and remove that trumpet from behind me back?"

"Oh, sorry Daddy!"

Aziraphale couldn't help but grin at the sound of laughter coming from his and Crowley's bedroom.

"Good morning my love." Aziraphale said as he stuck his head inside the room.

Eden wriggled free from Crowley's grip, who had been tickling her and saluted, "My father is awake Papa, as requested."

Aziraphale saluted back. "Well done my dear, now, head downstairs and set the table. I must have a quick word with your father before we have breakfast. We'll be down in a few moments."

"Okay Papa!" Eden said with a smile. She pecked Crowley on the cheek and blew one more loud, "FWOOOOT!" from her trumpet for good measure, right in Crowley's ear. Eden dashed from the room with a mischievous cackle.

"That's my girl." said Crowley with a warm smile, feeling as if his chest would explode with pride.

"Shadwell and Tracy are coming to pick her after lunchtime. They'll keep her occupied, giving us time to bake the cake and we can decorate it the following morning."

"Sounds like a plan angel." Crowley replied as he finally hopped out of bed so he could give his husband a good morning kiss.