First Lesson

"Ooh, look, you can touch the stars!" Peggy said as she reached up, touching one of the bright glowing spheres. "How did your daddies do this?"

Eden shrugged, "They have their ways." she replied as she scooped another helping of mashed potatoes onto her plate, followed by several more fried chicken wings. Just like in the books and films, the plates never emptied no matter how many times the girls would fill their plates.

"Don't eat so fast Little One." Aziraphale reminded Eden as she stuffed her mouth full of food. "I'm not little!" Eden replied with a huff once she swallowed her mouthful.

"You'll always be my Little One." Aziraphale said wistfully as he wiped Eden's face with a napkin, ridding the girl's face of the buffalo sauce that was covering it.

"Papa!" Eden said, exasperated.

"There now, all clean." Aziraphale smiled from ear to ear as Eden turned back to her food, only to stop to touch a tiny star that drifted right above her plate. She giggled when it spun in circles.

Aziraphale shot a glance at Crowley, who had a crooked grin on his face, it was definitely his doing.

Each of the girls were given their own wands. Eden's wand was one of her many birthday presents, of course, while the other four girls' wands were party favors.

Once the other girls were sent home Eden was anxious to try a miracle. Of in the context of this birthday's theme, "spell."

"Now Eden, since you're a bit older now, your father and I think you are ready to begin honing your skills in casting miracles." Aziraphale said patiently, feeling his chest swell with pride that Eden was listening so intently.

Crowley stepped in, "You already can miracle money, which is quite impressive, but we'll try something a little different."

Eden nodded, remembering the day when she discovered her ability to cast miracles in her efforts to collect enough money for Father's Day. Her Daddy had been so happy that she had miracled so many coins, that she was quite sick of them.

"What should I miracle?" Eden asked, trying to think of something other than coins that she could miracle.

"Whatever you want Queenie." Crowley replied, encouragingly. In the back of his mind, he expected Eden to miracle the cottage to be filled with more books and movies, including even more copies of the Harry Potter books and movies...

"Whenever you're ready love." The trio was in the family room, surrounded by scraps of wrapping paper and an assortment of Eden's presents.

Eden grabbed her sparkling blue wand, the hollow core containing three feathers, one black, one white and one black with a white tip, the shaft sparkling with starlight...

Eden took a deep breath and with a flourish, flicked her wand in the direction of the dining room.

"Uh, Eden, what did you just do?" Crowley asked as Eden dashed into the dining room, with her parents following close behind.

"I miracled another birthday cake, just like the one you and Papa made for me." Eden replied as she pointed to the dining room table, and sure enough, there was an exact copy of the cake they had mere hours ago.

"I wanted one more slice before bedtime....and a slice tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that...." Eden squealed when Crowley yanked her into a fierce hug. "That's my girl!" the demon was getting teary eyed again.

"Daddy, it's just a cake!" Eden then realized that she made a big mistake. Her Daddy was probably going to make her miracle cakes for the rest of her life....

"Well done my little wizard." Aziraphale said proudly when Crowley finally released their daughter. Eden darted to her Papa and he hugged her tightly.

"Happy birthday my love."

"I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day my sweet crepe." Aziraphale said as Eden climbed into bed. The eleven year old was quite exhausted after the day's festivities.

"It was the best birthday ever." Eden replied with a yawn.

"I'm glad to hear that love, now, I'll leave your father to tuck you in. Good night my Little One." Aziraphale pecked her on the forehead. "May you dream of whatever you like best."

"Good night Papa." Replied Eden as she kissed his cheek in return.