Birthday Morning

Eden awoke the next morning to find a beautiful barn owl perched on her window sill. "Good morning Alba, I didn't expect to see you here!" She dashed to the open window and stroked her friend's silky soft brown and white speckled feathers.

Eden suddenly noticed that Alba was standing on top of an envelope. Eden gently lifted the owls foot off of the letter and tore it open, revealing a note. The note told her to come down stairs at her earliest convenience.

Eden practically tore her room apart, looking for the perfect outfit for the day.

Eden finally dashed downstairs after she slipped into a star t shirt and a pair of black shorts.

"SURPRISE!" her parents exclaimed as she dashed into the dining room. Eden gaped with awe at the sight before her. Her parents were dressed like Hogwarts Professors, complete with the traditional robes, wands and spellbooks....but the most amazing part was that the room was filled with floating candles, which hovered just below the ceiling amongst tiny sparkling stars.

"Happy birthday Eden!" Aziraphale said as he took his gaping daughter by the hand and led her to the table, showing her the spread that was waiting for her.

The wooden table seemed to creak under the weight of all of the breakfast foods that had been crammed on it. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, blueberry waffles, hash browns, grits, but the most impressive piece of all was the massive cake in the center of the table. It was a beautiful shaped like a rectangle and it bore the sigils of all four great Hogwarts Houses.

"We didn't have the heart to keep you waiting for your first slice of cake sweetpea. So you can have a slice with your breakfast. We'll miracle the cake whole again before your guests arrive." Aziraphale beamed as Eden broke into a big smile.