Prolouge

"Grab her." A guard yelled, Caterpiller raced through the halls, they were once so calming, coming back to these halls after a long day.
But tonight was different, tonight it felt like thousands of hivewing guards were chasing her. And all of them white eyed, ready to kill her at any moment, and take the thing most precious to her.

But she wouldn't let them. She held her egg tightly, a tiny form shook inside.

Why wasn't she effected by the Queen, it had always been like this but why, she didn't have time to think about this now.

She looked behind her, so many guards were following her. And she had so little time.
She swiftly turned a corner, and turned another, making it harder for them to find her.

But when the Queen was taking control of dragons left and right, it seemed impossible for her to escape.

Until, she saw her moment, she ran down the hall, and jumped through a window, sliding right through it.
She didn't have much time to look around, before all of the hivewing's in Ant hive had surrounded her.

"Give us the egg." One of the closets hivewing said, she knew the hivewing, it was the shop keeper of the cloth store, they knew each other well, but their voice was not theirs, neither was their actions.

"No. Why should I." She screamed, the hivewing chuckled, flying up to her.

"Because I might just let you live." The hivewing hissed.

"Never." She said, huddling the egg closer.

Caterpillar's eyes filled with tears, how could she ever survived this, but she had to save her egg, or else the Queen would do this to it. Control him, after she had realized how she had been doing it. She immediately broke into the hatchery, and stole back her egg, before the Queen could sting him twice.

Her ears pricked up, earring a calm splashing of liquid below. She looked down, there was a flowing stream of water.

She glazed the egg shell with her hand, with one tear going down her cheek, she let go of the egg. Letting it drop into the water.

The hivewing, seized her. And ordered some hivewings to go down and fetch the egg, but it had already been swepted by the current.

All she could hope for was that the egg was okay, that it would live through this, awful, awful place, that it could survive.

~~~~~~

Daffodil, flew along the beach, watching the sunset, she loved coming out here, just to get away from the hive, for once.

She stopped, seeing something float up to the surface of the shore, she landed picking up a round ball. She gasped, this was an egg, as she held it closer, a tiny dragonet inside moved along with the shell.

Her antennas twitched, this was a hivewing.

She looked around her, she couldn't see any hivewings near by, she looked at the shell, there weren't any markings telling her who the parent was.

It must have washed off in the water.

She hugged the egg,

"Hush little one. Everything will be alright."