Chapter 3

Sahara sat up in her nest.
Taking a moment to get up.
She started to make her way around the room.
It was pretty big.
Across from her nest was a balcony.
Where she could look out at the hivewing soilder training time.

She came up where a few bags laid, the Queen had given her.
Inside held the books, they were like scrolls but you had to turn the paper instead of unrolling.
Really weird.
Sahara thought she opened the book, and grabbed some of the ink beside the other bags.
And wrote done the number 15 on the tiny calendar she had made.

15 days.
She growled.
I need to figure out how to get off of this island.

Sahara grabbed a bag.
And wrapped it around her neck.
She stuck out her head out of the door that led to a hallway.

"Dawn." She yelled.
A yellow and blue silkwing came walking.
"Yes Sahara?"

"I'm going off to talk to the Queen, are you coming?" Sahara asked, Sahara started to make her way down the hall.
Dawn followed.
"Very well." She huffed.

Sahara snorted.
She liked Dawn, she was very different then all of the other silkwings she had met.
The other silkwings were all so, boring, or shy.
But Dawn got right to the point, and never let Sahara talk her around.

She respected that.

They walked into the Queens room.
Queen Centipede looked up from what ever she was doing.
"Sahara." She smiled.

"I was just about to send Anasa down to get you."

She turned to Anasa.
"Anasa has told me much of your kind."
Sahara's ears twitched, Anasa had come last night to her room, to ask about her kind, though she's a hybrid she just told her about the tribe of her appearance, a Sandwing.
She had wondered what Anasa had done with the information, and know she knew.

"She told me, your stinger is much deadleir then ours, that's very useful." Centpete grinned.
"You see, as much as I would love to get you home right away. Unfortunately we have a promblem.....The green monsters won't let us pass the coast, let alone a dragon like you." She said.

A guard came up and gave the Queen a helmet.

She held it firmly.
"So we have to get rid of them." She said, flicking her wings back to make herself look bigger.

Sahara frowned.
"How?" She asked.
The Queen quickly responded.
"By having you command a battalion of mine, to go in and capture them."

She gave the helmont to Anasa and the advisor quickly ran up to Sahara and gave it to her.

Sahara held the helmet loosely, and gently rubbed her hand along side the front.
It almost felt like the bronze the nightwings used to make armor, but it felt more....waxy so to say.
She placed it on her head.

The Queen grinned.
"So your answer, General Sahara?" She asked.

"I'll do it." She nodded,

Anything to get me home. Sahara thought.
Queen Centipede's grinn grew.
"Excellent." Her tongue flicked out of her mouth, almost like a serpent stocking it prey.

It was, unnerving.

"Well, I wouldn't want to keep you any longer." The Queen sighed.

"Go on, your excused." Sahara heard the door to the hallway open, snd she turned to exit.
As she walked out with Dawn she could almost feel the Queens eyes running along her.
She shivered, but once she took a glance behind her, the Queen was not looking at her but at her adviser, Anasa.

Ugh. Sahara hissed.

They walked down the hallway, and turned to the main entrance of the hive.
There Sahara was welcomed with strange and wide eyed hivewing and silkwing dragonets, watching her.

Dawn gave them a glare and they all turned back to what ever they were up to before.

Dawn sighed.
"She's insane." Sahara had to admit that response surprised her.

"What are you talking?! She's going to get me home." Sahara starred at the silkwing, which she had, had to take lessons to learn the tribes of this strange place.
Dawn was smaller then her, so Sahara could easily look over her.
"Who is she to try to wipe out an entire tribe?" Dawn huffed.
"What are you talking about?" Sahara asked, a bit amused.
"She said I was to capture them not kill them."

Dawn gave her a side glance.
"And your a fool to believe that." She growled.

Sahara sighed.
She tried to ignore the tension in the air, but it was too much for her likening usually her brother would say something stupid.
And that would about do it, for getting rid of the tension.
"Well, umm, my brother use to say that, if a monkey could talk, then why would it speak, and-" Sahara started.

"That makes no sense, what on Clearsight is a monkey?!" Dawn asked.
Sahara started to laugh.
"Right no monkeys here on weird island."
Sahara rolled her eyes.

Sahara cuaght eye of a few hivewing guards passing by.
Douber was one of them.

Douber was the hivewing that had taken her to the Queen, though she didn't care much for him. He made a point of visiting her daily.
Dusk injoyed his visits, talking to him as if her own brother, which was interesting to Sahara, most silkwings either spat or feared hivewings when ever they would come near them.

Dusk continued her rant clearly not acknowledging Douber's presence.
They continued to walk, and made there way to the big tunnel interest, this tunnel was the only way out of the hive, beside the rather small windows, some times scattered along side the hexagon curved wall, though they were much too big for her.

Dusk sat down, watching hivewings pass her.

Sahara looked at all of them, they had a bit of wounds and so, but over all fine.
Though their eyes were weird.
White even, instead of the black regular hivewing eye color.

"What's wrong with these hivewings." Sahara asked.

Dusk turned to her.
"Right, you don't know. The Queen can take control of any hivewing with her mind."
Sahara thought Dusk said that in such a calming manor, what about that was calming!

"Control their mind?!" Sahara shivered.

"Yep, think of it as watching yourself through your eyes, but you can't control anything, it's really not a big deal, she does it all the time with the dragon patrols." Dusk shrugged.

Sahara found that very unpleasant.

"Does it hurt?" She asked.

"You act like I can answer that." Dusk chuckled.
"Though I've been told it gives them a headache." She said, getting up.

It's probably fine. Sahara thought.

Queen Centipede seems like the reasonable type, the type that wouldn't hurt her own dragons. She nodded.

Yes, Yes, yes. Totally reasonable.
Sahara concluded, her mind wondered to the newly formed plan.

I think.