Ex (Bucky Barnes)

Warning: topics of PTSD, rape, suicide
This was from a dream that I had (😂) based on my ex who this is written on. PLEASE do not read if you're triggered by any of those. Just mentioned, nothing detailed at all but still a warning. ❤️
__________________________________

It has been a long night but a blast at your friends party. You're were able to bring Bucky, your best friend, with you. You are in love with him but you haven't said anything, worried you may ruin what you guys have if he doesn't feel the same towards you. He is your safe place. Your happiness. Your person to go to when something wonderful happens but also the one you go to when you just need to cry and he will no doubt hold you.
You're on glass number 3 and with your small build, it is 2 too many. You snap yourself out of your daze, staring at Bucky. He has been in conversation with another guy there but sees you staring and shows you his genuine smile. You begin to drift back into your dream with Bucky when something...rather someone catches your attention.
Your heart drops to your stomach, skipping a beat...or maybe stopping entirely for a split second causing sudden immense pain. Your taken aback into fight or flight mode, stumbling back trying to get away. There is obvious pure terror in your eyes that Bucky catches a glimpse of. He leaves mid conversation and runs over to you, grabbing your arms trying to get you to tell him what is going on.
"Y/N, what is going on? Are you okay?" He begs you to answer.
Your rapid breathing and crazed eyes finally find Bucky as he blocks your view of the one who began this.
"Um...my...him." You almost begin to cry.
Bucky turns as someone come up next to him and begins to speak to you.
"Hey, y/n. Long time." He eerily smiles at you.
Bucky glances between you two, mainly you as he sees the terror within you grown more and more.
You look at Bucky, "This is my ex." You turn your attention to your ex, "Why are you here."

"Because I was invited, obviously. Seriously, you're so dim witted still." He scoffs.

"Whoa. What the hell is your problem?" Bucky places a forceful hand on your ex's chest, forcing him back a few steps from you.

"Who are you? Am I suppose to be intimidated by that arm or whatever it is?"

Bucky turns to you, "Is this the guy you told me about that raped you..." He holds your arms so you can't turn away from his intense state, awaiting your response.

Tears finally come and all you can do is nod your head. He pulls your head close so he can place a quick kiss on your forehead before turning around and suddenly grabbing your ex by his neck, with his metal arm.
The party has stopped and everyone's eyes are either on you or have shifted to Bucky kicking your ex's ass.

  You honestly have zoned out, unfortunately having gone back to days you wish to forget

You honestly have zoned out, unfortunately having gone back to days you wish to forget. Days that make you struggle to sleep. Days that make you on edge around men you used to have fun with. Days that make you wish you were successful in your attempted suicide when you were still under your ex's control.
Your eyes shift to Bucky. You would have never met him. The light of your world. The one who holds your heart and protects it with his life.

You witness people yelling as Bucky slams your ex to the ground once again with a simple movement of his arm. He kneels on him, looking into your ex's already blackened eyes and speaks something you can't quite make out. Bucky stands and makes his way back to you, intertwining his fingers with yours and taking you to his motorcycle out back.
"We don't need to leave. I'm sorry." You quietly speak up.
He goes to hand you your helmet, that he still insists that you wear, but before doing do pulls you against his firm chest, holding you tightly. "I don't want you near him. You don't need that."
"I'm sorry I started crying." You apologize avoiding eye contact.
You feel cold metal on your chin, lifting your face to meet Bucky's kind soft eyes. "Please don't feel the need to apologize."
You feel his gentle eyes dig deep down into your soul, lingering on you longer than usual.
In that moment he leans in to meet your lips with his in a soft, loving, warm kiss.
He looks at you awaiting your reaction, "I've been wanting to do that for a while."
"You have?" You ask, still shocked that the man you've been dreaming of for the longest time has just kissed you.
"Yes, I...I love you y/n. I really do. I know this could jeopardize our friendship but I couldn't keep it in any longer. Not after everything in there." He motions back to the building you just exited from.
A smile grows on your face. "I love you, too."
Bucky looks so happy he could bust. He takes you in his arms, hugging you right as whispers to you, "I promise I will protect you. I will keep you from any harm. I promise l."
You both pull back and he plants his lips on you one again in an intense passionate kiss.