Six

Luna entered school the next morning with more nerves and less anxiety. She wasn't worried about kids looking at her so much anymore because she was thinking about everything that had happened the night before.

She wondered about the possibility of everything being a dream. Maybe her mind just cracked from all the stress and took her to an alternate universe where she had this eccentric aunt. But then she remembered the vivid smell of the flowers and the near-death experience driving home and she knew it was real.

Her real father had a sister and she'd come around for some reason. She was free to ask any question that she wanted and though she had a million of them only two really mattered: where was her father and why did he leave?

Luna didn't know how her mother would react to her...aunt being back so when her mother hurried downstairs, dressed in her red skirt and matching blazer for work, she kept it to herself.

At least until she got some more answers.

She was deep in thought as she wandered the hallways to head to class. So she wasn't paying attention as she ran into someone who were, themselves, lost in the big new school.

They collided and lost their footing, stumbling all over the place before finally hitting the solid floor hard. Their books and papers lie together in a large pile.

The lights above them beamed bright before they exploded, sending small pieces of glass and sparks raining down on them. The girl screamed a light delicate scream, one that seemed to float over to Luna.

She turned to the source of the noise and her words were lost in her throat at her beauty. Her piercing ocean blue eyes, nearly matching the hair that flowed well past her bra line, glowed behind the round-rimmed glasses. Her round lips were parted in shock as she rambled off all the apologies she could manage. Her skin glowed the vivid color of brown sugar, even in its flushed state. Through the flawless makeup she could spot light freckles sitting comfortably on a slender nose, bringing even more life to the sharpest cheekbones Luna had ever seen.

She was without a doubt breathtakingly beautiful.

Luna stuttered as she swept away glass.

"Oh no, did I bump your nose? You're bleeding!" She said, She picked through her Prada handbag for something to mop it up with.

Luna waved her off and used the back of her hand. "It's fine. Happens a lot now apparently."

"I'm sorry, I'm just lost around here looking for this class. I wasn't paying attention," she said as she struggled to sort through the papers.

Luna eyed the expensive brand backpack she was wearing and the designer clothes she wore and knew what crowd she would best be suited for. She decided that she would just gather her things as best as she could and scurry on.

"Wait, wait. Don't go! I have one of your papers! Luna, right?" she smiled through pink lipstick as she held out the homework she had to turn in when she got to class.

"Oh, thanks." Luna gave a small smile and took the paper and placed it carefully in her backpack.

She went to walk away from the girl but she called out to her again. "Do you think you can help me?"

"Um...I'm not sure I could help you honestly. Maybe some of the other people could?" Her gaze drifted over to some of the more popular kids who were currently huddled in a locker not to far away from them.

The girl looked over her shoulder. "I don't think they'd be much help. I tried talking to them earlier and it was about as stimulating as a conversation with a dead fish."

IncubusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara