Part 13

As I follow close behind him, the gravity of what I'm about to do becomes more and more clear and my anxiety increases.

"Calm down. I'll be right beside you. " Alex says as if sensing my nervousness.

" Yeah. I trust you " I say and take a deep breath.  Ha! Never thought I'd say that to him of all people..well of all ghost actually.
Then an idea pops up in my mind

"Psst! Wait " I say to him and take out a marker from my bag

He blankly looks at me and then realizes what I'm up to

"Oooh, nice. A bit different from what I had in mind but this works too " he grins

"What did you had in mind? " I ask. Getting near the window, I uncap the black permanent marker and scribble some big words on the window.

"Break something from inside. The person living next to the storeroom will hear it and come over. While his inspecting the fallen item, sneak out into his room. Follow me from thereon. "

"Well I was gonna do the exact same thing" I laugh as I finish whatever I'm doing.

We both look at each other and nod. Let's do this.

Slowly and carefully I slide open the window and quietly climb into the building through it. The storeroom is filled with all kinds of old stuff and is quite dusty. Ropes, fishing rods, fertilizers, chemicals, old folded boxes, clothes, cleaning supplies, decoration pieces, toys, mattresses, canned food, lots of plastic bags etc.

Trying to hide along with this backpack will be hard. Need to hide and if possible look for a small bag here. I look around and spot a grey coloured sidebag. This'll do.

"You'll need two ropes, a small-sized men's clothing, a chemical that will knock you out fast, flashlight, Tape, strong hook and...a matchbox just in case," he says

That's ALOT of stuff. I find the ropes, the flashlight was already in my previous bag, tape, a hook and a matchbox. As I looked through the chemical bottles Alex searched for men's clothing.

A chemical that'll knock you out, huh? That must be for the guys guarding the kid's rooms. I guess using chloroform on a piece of cloth will be impossible for me to use on them due to my size and physique. I'll try using this liquid ketamine. We'll need to sneak into the kitchen too for something to put in.

I put the bottle into the bag. Also the chloroform just in case. Better to soak it on a cloth too.

"Here it is! And look I found a wig too. This is perfect " Alex yells. I was about to tell him to be quiet until I remembered he's a ghost.

It's a long-sleeve T-shirt, jacket and black pants. A bit big but it'll do. Alex goes out of the storeroom as I get changed. I can't believe I'm doing this. If I get caught, I can only imagine all the horrible stuff they'll do to me. After I'm done changing I laugh at the thought that I look more manly than Alex.

When everything is ready I walk over to a shelf filled with decoration pieces. Picking up a big vase, I throw it down. It smashes on the ground with a loud noise. With that done, I quickly hide behind the boxes near the door. I suddenly hear footsteps coming from the room next door. The door opens with a click and a man in his 40s enters the room.

"Did something break in here?" he says to himself as he looks around the room. As soon as his eyes fall upon the broken vase he curses and walks over to it.

"This was the boss's favourite! How could it break!? "

Seeing him occupied, Alex enters the room and ushers me to exit the room carefully.